A Complete List of Books By Enid Blyton 1951

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

A Complete List of Books By Enid Blyton 1951

Post by pete9012S »

A Complete List of Books By Enid Blyton

Can anyone say what this book is like? is it just a list of books up to the published date?
Is its listing accurate?
Hard to find out more info about it.
It's for sale on Abe @ £260 plus post (their printing date is 1950??)

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/Complete-List ... 3745240/bd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Re: A Complete List of Books By Enid Blyton 1951

Post by Tony Summerfield »

The actual publishing date is June 1951 and it is a paper covered booklet that simply lists the books that were in print at this date and one or two out of print books that she hopes will be back in print soon. A complete list of all the books that she has written it is most certainly not, some publishers (Birns for example) don't even get a mention, and very few books that originally came out in the 20s and 30s are actually included.

It is scarce, but I doubt if I would buy it if you knocked the nought off the end, as £26 would be quite expensive for what it is, besides which I already have a copy! :lol:
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Thanks for the update Tony.
The book's title seemed to be so promising-but I didn't really think it could have slipped through the net...
Trying to find info about it in the cave threw up this little known(to me anyway) gem....

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... Was+Chosen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Child Who Was Chosen
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

That booklet is even scarcer, Pete! It was written for both parents and children who were being adopted, making the child feel special as she/he was actually chosen. I have never been sure but I think it might have been self-published. I have put Waterlow as the publisher but Waterlow & Sons were actually the printers and no publisher is given. At the same time Let's Have a Club of our Own was put out, also printed by Waterlow & Sons, but this story has been used in a number of other places, the latest of which is the new Secret Seven books from Hodders where it is serialised in the back of several books. The books also have the Chronology from our website as well as one or two other things that I have supplied to Hodders, including Enid's notes on the Secret Seven Series.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Tony Summerfield wrote:It is scarce, but I doubt if I would buy it if you knocked the nought off the end, as £26 would be quite expensive for what it is, besides which I already have a copy! :lol:
Who needs that when we have Tony's Bibliographies!

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Exactly what I was thinking. :D
Society Member