Adventure Series 1st Editions with D/W

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
garyj

Adventure Series 1st Editions with D/W

Post by garyj »

Hi all,

Hi all. I'm looking for some books to pass on to my children that I enjoyed as a boy.

I'm looking for Adventure series first editions with first edition dust covers in good condition.

Been struggling trying to get these for ages. :(

I only have River. Need all of the others.

Thanks for any help.
Timmy-the-dog
Favourite book/series: Castle of Adventure
Favourite character: Me!!

Post by Timmy-the-dog »

Hi Gary
These come up for sale on Ebay all the time. As with any series of books, the older, early titles are the most wanted and most expensive.
The EBS journal ran a series on how to spot the real 1st edition dustwrappers - which in some cases are very similar to later editions!!
good luck
Timmy
woof,woof!!
Steve Alpe

Post by Steve Alpe »

If you are planning to let your children read the books (I do not know how old your children are) but I would recommend buying more recent editions than 1st editions with dustwrappers - as Timmy says they are very expensive and they could soon be ruined.
Mollybob
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure, Five On a Treasure Island
Favourite character: Philip, George

Post by Mollybob »

I agree with Steve. I'm going to buy cheaper reading copies when I have children, and keep the nice 1st editions with dust jackets for myself until they are old enough to understand their value :wink: