enid blyton society badge

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Moonraker

Re: badges

Post by Moonraker »

Tinker wrote:
aunt fanny wrote:please Tony may I go on the waiting list for the round one ---promise not to put it in washing machine!!! (Well will try not to....) Liz
Always check where you put the badge first then you jam roll.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

You've lost me there Tinker. How do you jam roll your laundry? Is this some colloquial phrase? I've not come across it before.
Society Member
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

moonraker wrote:
Tinker wrote:
aunt fanny wrote:please Tony may I go on the waiting list for the round one ---promise not to put it in washing machine!!! (Well will try not to....) Liz
Always check where you put the badge first then you jam roll.

You've lost me there Tinker. How do you jam roll your laundry? Is this some colloquial phrase? I've not come across it before.
I could not think of what to call her exept jam roll, I was not actually telling her to make her laundry into a jam roll.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Tony, if the round one is available, I'd love to buy one and will subscribe as soon as possible! :D

Society Member
Tess

Post by Tess »

Tinker wrote:
moonraker wrote:
Tinker wrote:Always check where you put the badge first then you jam roll.

I could not think of what to call her exept jam roll, I was not actually telling her to make her laundry into a jam roll.
This is getting a bit like a conversation with the Saucepan man!!
Tess
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Stinker wrote:
moonraker wrote:

Calling Aunt Fanny a jam roll? What would Julian say? :wink:
Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

moonraker wrote:Calling Aunt Fanny a jam roll? What would Julian say? :wink:
"Aunt Fanny's a peach! Don't you dare call her a jam roll!!! :evil: "

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Society Member
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Ming wrote:

I did not want to call Aunt Fanny an idiot so I called her a jam roll.Oh Ming I am sorry for calling you names but that particular day my neighbour's children had thrown a ball and distroyed a priceless antique garden ornement that I inherited from my great grandfather and so I was a bit hiked up so when you started asking me all those questions my annoyance string wore away and then it was gone completely that is when I called you those names.
Ming

Post by Ming »

Tinker wrote:Oh Ming I am sorry for calling you names but that particular day my neighbour's children had thrown a ball and distroyed a priceless antique garden ornement that I inherited from my great grandfather and so I was a bit hiked up so when you started asking me all those questions my annoyance string wore away and then it was gone completely that is when I called you those names.
It's okay, but I did feel mad. Hope it doesn't happen again though!

Society Member
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Ming wrote:

I did not want to call Aunt Fanny an idiot so I called her a jam roll.Oh Ming I am sorry for calling you those names.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

One of the problems with writing in forums is that people can't see your face! That's one reason why we have smileys. :)

Re-reading some of my posts, I can see, although saying them with a twinkle, and a certain warped (sorry, but that's me, I'm afraid) sense of humour, I can see how perhaps they could upset someone, especially if they're under extra stress (if that applied to you, Zoe; then I am sorry, no offence was intended). :cry:

Also, we don't necessarily know who the person is, making remarks. For example, Tinker (I too apologise for adding the S to your name, a la Five Run Away Together, but again, it seemed quite funny to me at the time, and I didn't consider it name-calling), for all I/we know, you could be a boy of 8 or an elderly gent of 70. Not knowing where your lighthouse is, you could be in Bombay, Los Angeles, Baghdad or Timbuctoo!

Ming says she is in Bangladesh....but who knows.......that is the mystery of the internet.

Anyway, so glad we've all made up.

Ginger-Beer anyone? 8)
Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

moonraker wrote:Ming says she is in Bangladesh....but who knows.......that is the mystery of the internet.

Ginger-Beer anyone? 8)
Ginger beer? Sure, why not? :D

No, I haven't made it up. I'm telling the truth, I'm in Bangladesh.

Society Member
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

sorry i havent been on this forum for a while ,didnt know i had so many replies to my ad about enid blyton society badges! PLEASE LETS HAVE SOME ! I WOULD LIKE AT LEAST 3 . also anyone know where i could get a couple of the enid blyton trust for children badges --i`m a supporter of the trust and also where i could get a couple of famous five badges from . could the portugese member send me the 3 society badges? thanka alot from sue webster 38 avion close highgate road walsall west midlands ws1 3jf england
ENID BLYTON BOOKS ARE THE BEST EVER!
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

hi .not been on this forum for awhile so was amazes at how many replies i had to mine about enid blyton society badges! could the portugese member send me 3 and how much they cost . also i `d like 2 famous 5 badges---i was in the club----and also would like 2 enid blyton trust for children badges --- i regularly send donations to the trust . thanks from sue webster 38 avion close highgate road walsall west midlands ws1 3jf england .
ENID BLYTON BOOKS ARE THE BEST EVER!