)h Raci, you are so, so right......

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Olivia

)h Raci, you are so, so right......

Post by Olivia »

I have just gone into EB mode after many years, trying to control myself is impossible, I just WANT them again...I wonder if its some awful insecurity or just a straightforward longing? There seems to be a tangible thread running through the posts of bygone days when life was deliciously simple (or is that simply delicious), when one wore ladybird shorts,(yes I did and they were grey flannel just above the knee(that is a grazed knee). Iwas lucky enough to have bike and yes my mother would pack sandwiches (usually banana) and strawberries and jersey cream ( in a plastic bag ) and I would go off for the day, check the tides and go to this incredible island quite near to where I lived. I dont think she ever worried or noticed when I got back! I had tortoises and parrots and dogs and lived the life of George for a few short years....
Raci

Post by Raci »

Calling all admin :D
This post is part of The 9th Holiday Book thread.

Olivia - we've all done it :lol: Its so easy to click the new topic button instead ofpost reply.

I always wished I lived near an island - You were so lucky to be able to do that!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

You don't only live near an island, Raci, you live on one! Okay; I know what you mean! :lol:

Olivia, I think we are all a bit insecure (speak for yourself, I hear you all say); that is why we are all comforted and get that special warm feeling when we read a Blyton. After all, where would we all be without the comforting knowledge that Julian's strong, determined jaw would keep us safe from all our adversaries?

:twisted:
Society Member
Raci

Post by Raci »

moonraker wrote:You don't only live near an island, Raci, you live on one! Okay; I know what you mean! :lol:
:lol: I just can't see the UK as an island even though I know it is.
I guess in my head, for it to feel like an island, that will always be somewhere that from almost every where you can see the coast in at least one direction. :D