Famous Five Big Book

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
jon beeza
Favourite book/series: Five Get Into Trouble / The Famous Five
Favourite character: In preference: George,Timmy,Anne,Dick,Julian

Famous Five Big Book

Post by jon beeza »

I would like a Famous Five Big Book, three stories in one book. I did have one years ago, I have no idea what happened to it, so I would really like to replace it. So if anybody knows who is selling one. Not overly keen on ebay ! I did buy most of my books off ebay, but I have not used paypal or ebay for years, this was due to time wasters, and silly scammers !
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Famous Five Big Book

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

I've bought quite a few of my collection from Ebay, Jon, and found the books excellent value. If you're going to the E.B. Day in May, you're sure to get one from any of the dealers there. The hall is full of books all Blyton. It's like being in a magical world! :D

Also I've bought books from second hand book shops that stock all sorts and found some really good Blytons.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
jon beeza

Post by jon beeza »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:If you're going to the E.B. Day in May, you're sure to get one from any of the dealers there. The hall is full of books all Blyton. It's like being in a magical world!
Hi Julie, I have never been to an EB day, sound pretty interesting. I would love to go to one, but it may be a little too far to travel for me. But I will check it out, can't seem to see any info on May event, I saw and old one for 2010 !
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

The E.B. Day is on the 12th May, Jon. Many of us who live quite a distance away make it an overnight stay.

If you look at the board index, and the society block, you'll see the heading for Enid Blyton Day 2012. And of course there are many photos in the thread for 2010. :)

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
jon beeza

Post by jon beeza »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:The E.B. Day is on the 12th May, Jon. Many of us who live quite a distance away make it an overnight stay. If you look at the board index, and the society block, you'll see the heading for Enid Blyton Day 2012.
Thanks Julie, I will go and have a read in the section you mentioned. I will see if I cant get my missus to come and tag along with me :wink:
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

jon beeza wrote:I would like a Famous Five Big Book, three stories in one book. I did have one years ago, I have no idea what happened to it, so I would really like to replace it. So if anybody knows who is selling one. Not overly keen on ebay ! I did buy most of my books off ebay, but I have not used paypal or ebay for years, this was due to time wasters, and silly scammers !
I got mine via ebay for under a tenner, but there's this one via abebooks for under 20 quid.
jon beeza

Post by jon beeza »

Zar Quon wrote:I got mine via ebay for under a tenner, but there's this one via abebooks for under 20 quid.
Thanks I will check it out, not seen that site before :)
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

jon beeza wrote:
Zar Quon wrote:I got mine via ebay for under a tenner, but there's this one via abebooks for under 20 quid.
Thanks I will check it out, not seen that site before :)
No prob. Abe is great for 2nd hand books, but obviously it doesn't do to hang about as lots of books listed wil be the only copy the seller has... There are/were others listing FFBB, but that was the cheapest...
jon beeza

Post by jon beeza »

No prob. Abe is great for 2nd hand books, but obviously it doesn't do to hang about as lots of books listed wil be the only copy the seller has... There are/were others listing FFBB, but that was the cheapest
OK thanks for that, I will keep an eye on that website :wink:
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

Bookmark 'em - I know I have :D