Anyone have any Famous Five videos or DVDS from 90s series?

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
thefamousfive
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five and Harry Potter
Favourite character: Julian

THE FAMOUS FIVE 1990S TV SERIES

Post by thefamousfive »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has these episodes for sale, from the 1990s famous five series starring Jemima Rooper, Marco Williamson, Laura Petela etc? I would only buy these on Video? But if you do have them, can you please let me know and if you are willing to sell them, tell me when you are going to list them on ebay. How much would you accept either as a set or individually including postage and how many days it will be listed for. Please just let me know as soon as you can!!!! about this I would really appreciate it as I am trying to collect them all at the moment. I remember watching it when i was younger and it brings back so many great memories!!!!! :D

Thanks again, Euan.
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Re: THE FAMOUS FIVE 1990S TV SERIES

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Here Euan. Try this youtube channel to check which ones you want to buy. This wonderful lady has provide all the 90's eps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoebeBushbaby

We do already have a 90's thread somewhere. Maybe Anita or Tony will be good enough to merge this thread with the other one?
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Sorry to be a nag, but you've definitely already posted asking people if they have these, and again, the post belongs in 'wanted'.

Also, just wanted to point out a few small details.

1. If people here have these items to sell, by putting them on eBay they have to pay an insertion fee and then give eBay about 5% of the total sale. A lot of people prefer to just agree a price here and sort out the sale without the middle man as it were.

2. Even if someone did have the videos and put them on eBay for you it's an open site and someone else could buy them before you.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
thefamousfive

Post by thefamousfive »

Hello Pippa - Stef, Oh thank you very much for providing me with this link. I really appreciate this. Now I can see which ones I would like to buy and I can watch them all!!!!! :D

Many Thanks, Euan.
Zar Quon

Re: Anyone have any Famous Five videos or DVDS from 90s series?

Post by Zar Quon »

Pippa-Stef wrote:Exactly them. They should be easy enough for Euan to find on ebay! :lol:

If all fails, typing the famous five dvd into Ebay usually brings them up!
TBH, I don't think I've seen the separate sets crop up in aaaaaaages, tho granted I might've missed 'em....
thefamousfive wrote:Finally, for Zar Quon's comment about The piccies help too. Well, if you mean pictures I totally agree :D
Absolutely - picture worth a thousand words & all that.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Fiona1986 wrote:Sorry to be a nag, but you've definitely already posted asking people if they have these, and again, the post belongs in 'wanted'.
Yes, I had to move two of your posts from "Blyton on TV" to "Wanted" earlier, Euan. And now I'll have to move this thread too, and then merge it. It pays to take time to get to know the forums before posting.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
thefamousfive

Post by thefamousfive »

Hello, This is for Zar Quon - Well I know what you mean but I have been doing some searches and have found more Famous Five Videos from the 1990s series. Finally, Anita Bensoussane - Well that's ok its just I wanted to see if anyone would reply about the 1990s series if i put up a new topic - surely there's nothing wrong with it. The recent I put it there was cause one would assume different people look at different sections in the forum. Also, I am very new to this so just trying to get the hang of it. I have only just put a picture up and repllied to the answers that I received about The Famous Five 1990s Tv Series. I don't know how to do anything else yet so please just bear with me.

Thanks, Euan.
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

thefamousfive wrote:Hello, This is for Zar Quon - Well I know what you mean but I have been doing some searches and have found more Famous Five Videos from the 1990s series.
Oh, the VHS's crop up plenty. Gonna cost you loads more in the long run tho. Or even possibly the fairly short run.
thefamousfive wrote:The recent I put it there was cause one would assume different people look at different sections in the forum.
I can't speak for anyone else, but for browsing purposes I've got the view new posts link bookmarked.
Last edited by Zar Quon on 23 Aug 2011, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
thefamousfive

Post by thefamousfive »

Hello, This one is for Zar Quon - Well what do you mean?

Thanks, Euan.
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

thefamousfive wrote:Hello, This one is for Zar Quon - Well what do you mean?

Thanks, Euan.
If you refer to the VHS comment, simply that to get even half a dozen will likely sting you 25 or 30 quid - judging by a quick shuftie at ebay, whereas you can get the dutch set for a shade over the tenner, plus a Smugglers Top vhs for around a fiver. And I'm all for conserving the dosh, me :)

And I've this > Clicky < bookmarked for quick 'n' easy squizzage.
thefamousfive

Post by thefamousfive »

Hi again, Well I see what you mean. I do have the dutch boxset but it only has 3 discs it was ment to have 6 discs but they didn't have the one with six discs in stock so i was happy with this one. So I am trying my best to collect the rest of the episodes on Video. They end on Thursday evening so I will try and bid on one or two of them then :) on Ebay.

Thanks, Euan.
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

Ah, but if you get the Not-quite-complete complete dutch set, & a smugglers Top VHS, and *then* list your current half set, you should be better off.
thefamousfive

Post by thefamousfive »

Zar Quon wrote:Ah, but if you get the Not-quite-complete complete dutch set, & a smugglers Top VHS, and *then* list your current half set, you should be better off.
Do you mean list my current set on ebay?
thefamousfive

Post by thefamousfive »

Hi everyone - I just to wanted to let you know that I have list my current set on ebay. Here is the link.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330605040486? ... 1562.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Any questions, please just let me know :D .

Thanks, Euan.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

That item is finished?
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member