Famous Five Dvds - 1990

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Neasa

Famous Five Dvds - 1990

Post by Neasa »

Hi,
I am looking to buy the famous five 1990 series on dvds, R2. Any ideas where to look? I already have treasure island.
Almas
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Adventure/Famous Five/ Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty (I have a crush on him!!)

Re: Famous Five Dvds - 1990

Post by Almas »

Hi Neasa,

Even I would love to get my hands on the DVD's but I've found very little about them. Some day perhaps... :)
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.
Susie

Post by Susie »

The one that most shops seem to sell is Five on a treasure Island.

The best part is when Dick comes sauntering out of the house with a heavy suitcase and drops it right on Julian's big toe! :lol:
There is always something else new to learn.
Almas

Post by Almas »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.
dsr

Post by dsr »

Try the "famous five on dvd" thread from the "Blyton on TV" forum. Dutch versions but subtitled not dubbed, and the subtitles can be hidden, about £10-£12 per 3 disc set.
DSR
Almas

Post by Almas »

Thanks David!! :)

Petermax

Post by Petermax »

On Amazon you can purchase the Danish "De Fem" Famous Five DVD boxset with all 26 episodes, but this is very expensive at £77.00. Alternatively the Dutch DVD boxsets "De Vilf" are available on Ebay at a much lower price but missing Five Go To Smugglers Top parts 1 and 2.

I would love to see an official UK DVD release of the 1990s Famous Five series but like the 1970s series it will not happen soon.
Almas

Post by Almas »

Thanks Petermax! I never knew that there were Danish Famous Five television series! :)

And - yes it really is a pity there there has been no offical release... :|

Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Almas wrote:Thanks Petermax! I never knew that there were Danish Famous Five television series!
Whoops, we need to clarify here, both the Danish and Dutch boxsets are the British 1990s Famous Five TV series with English language soundtracks and subtitles in Danish and Dutch. The subtitles can easily be switched off.
Almas

Post by Almas »

Ooooooh! All right! I for a moment thought that there were real Dutch television series of the Famous Five!
Anyways, thanks for all the info... :)