Dust Jackets

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
bilgewaters
Favourite book/series: Secret Room/Hidden House.
Favourite character: got to be Bets

Dust Jackets

Post by bilgewaters »

hi there,can anyone help me,I really need some dust jacket copies for my Mystery series first editions because mine don't have any and they'd look really good.
When I'm grown up I won't forget the things I think today.
dtpearce

Re: dust jackets

Post by dtpearce »

I am also in the same boat, I have a number of books that are without dust jackets, I'd really like to get my hands on some actual dust jackets or even copies that will 1. look nice on my shelf and 2. will help protect the books in my collection.

I just love Enid Blyton's Books, currently I have 181 and still counting.

Just a question though, is it legal to actually photocopy the covers for these books? I'm not too sure, if anyone knows can you please let me know, as I'd like to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

:D
greenhedges

Post by greenhedges »

Hi, I have only hust joined this forum but I actually have quite a few first editions from this series. I am in Sydney, Australia and not sure where you both are? Anyway, if it is okay to copy them I am happy to make some copies for you. I have these ones stored in the attic though in boxes as they are not my favorites (can imagine some of you are horrified reading that!) and will have to go up to see which ones are firsts. Off the top of my head I think the ones that are 1sts are: strange messages, banshee towers, tally-ho cottage, secret room and dissapearing cat. Have a few of the others that are re-prints but with dust jackets also. Let me know if you are interested. Regards, Emma
bilgewaters
Favourite book/series: Secret Room/Hidden House.
Favourite character: got to be Bets

Post by bilgewaters »

Hi Emma, thanks for the offer,I just want to protect my precious books so what could be better than copies of the originals. how are we going to do this do you think?.many thanks.Billy.in wallasey merseyside U.K.
When I'm grown up I won't forget the things I think today.