WANTED: Faraway Tree series novel with signature

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Marianne

WANTED: Faraway Tree series novel with signature

Post by Marianne »

Greetings all, lovely to read your posts and join your community! :)

I am newly introduced to your common interest through a very dear friend of mine. He's shared his love of Ms. Blyton's works from his childhood, and I want to show my caring for him with a gift of her work.

He shared with me months ago that his favorite books of hers were the Faraway Tree series, and I am very interested in obtaining a copy (preferably a well-loved copy that shows someone actually read it, although I'm not picky!) for him.

Moreover, he's a darling man who (unbeknownst to anyone else) has, over the course of time, adopted Ms. Blyton's hash-marks into his signature as a point of reference to the impact she made on him in his childhood. That information made such an impression on me that I've been searching for months to find one of the Faraway Tree novels with her signature that I could purchase. I can't imagine what he would think if he opened this as a gift!

I would be willing to pay very well for such an item, if anyone knows where I might find it. The sentimental value alone to my friend would be worth it to him, and the love I have for him would be worth it to me. :)

Please message me if you have such an item or are familiar with someone who does. I've searched eBay and all the online major booksellers for nearly 8 months without luck.

Very interested in your replies,
Marianne
Julian
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Famous Five/St Clare's/Wishing Chair
Favourite character: Julian/Janet/Carlotta

Re: WANTED: Faraway Tree series novel with signature

Post by Julian »

Hello Marianne and welcome. :)

I am not an expert but I have searched for a signed edition but came up with no results. If there is a signed edition, I bet it can be pretty expensive. Anyways, you could try contacting Tony. I guess he'll know it! :)

If you cannot find a signed edition, why not surprise your friend a rare first edition? I'm sure that will be good too.

Best of luck anyways! :D
  • ♥♣ Møh@mð Hä§åÑ♥♣
Thanks to Nigel for my avatar! :)
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Re: WANTED: Faraway Tree series novel with signature

Post by Ming »

Hi Marianne, and welcome to the forums. :)

These sellers may be of some help.

David Schutte
Sue Bell: Green Meadow Books
Stella & Rose's Books

Also, take a look here for some more sites.

Did you take a look at the main Enid Blyton Society website? There's a lot to see there. Almost everything you can think of related to Blyton. :D

Society Member