WANTED: The Secret Island, 1st Edition

Advertise for wanted items. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Bill Cunningham

WANTED: The Secret Island, 1st Edition

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Hi, I'm looking for a 1st edition of The Secret Island. Can anyone help? I've tried Green Meadow.
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Aren't we all!! :roll:

We have had quite a bit of discussion on this book on other threads, but just to recap slightly it is still the only Blyton book that I have never seen in a first edition with a dustwrapper. It does occasionally turn up without a dustwrapper and part of the discussion was about a copy that has just sold on ebay.

Don't waste your money phoning lots of dealers because I can tell you now that they won't have a copy (I am assuming that you want it in a dustwrapper) - it is a very scarce book and every collector I know is looking for it. :lol: :lol:
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Thanks Tony, I'm not surprised. There are only 3 titles that I want, and I've got high quality 1st eds of 2 of them: Secret of Moon Castle and Ring O'Bells Mystery, so Secret Island is last on the list. I also picked up a 1st ed copy of Green Goblin, signed by Enid, which seemed like a lovely souvenir. Thanks for your reply.

Bill
marmaduke

Re: WANTED: The Secret Island, 1st Edition

Post by marmaduke »

Hello.
One without dust jacket will be offered by Bloomsbury Auctions, London in January.
Estimate £100-£150.