Is it possible to see my password?

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Pet
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers/Faraway Tree
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers/Silky

Is it possible to see my password?

Post by Pet »

When I joined, I told my PC to keep me logged in, which it's done, so I didn't need to know my password (although I thought I could remember it). But, when I tried to log in from my laptop, the site didn't recognise any variant of what I thought my password was. Now, I'm concerned that, if I accidentally click on 'logout', I might be shut out of this board forever. I think I need either to see my password or to change it, but I don't know how to do either thing.
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Re: Is it possible to see my password?

Post by Boatbuilder »

Pet,

You can change your password in your User Control Panel under 'Profile', 'Edit account settings'. However you need to know your existing one as well so that may be no good to you to start with.

Alternatively, you can log out and then go to the log-in page and click on the link 'I forgot my password' under the log-in section and you will be asked for your username and the email address you used to register with. You will then receive an email with a new password. This might be a long and complex password so you are recommended to copy and paste it when using it. You might also be asked to click a link in the email to activate the password before you use it.

You should then go back to the log-in page and log in as usual pasting the new password.

Once you have logged in, you can then go to the step I mentioned at the start to change your password, where you enter a more memorable one in twice as indicated and then paste in the password you were sent in the email, where it states 'Current password' then submit the change and it is then changed.

I hope that helps. Remember, passwords are case-sensitive.
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

Also it is possible to get the computer to display stored passwords, but, without having my laptop to experiment with I can on suggest Google for advice.
Society Member
Pet
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers/Faraway Tree
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers/Silky

Post by Pet »

Thank you Boatbuilder and Jack 400.