Enid Blyton Day 2007

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Viv of Ginger Pop wrote: I was getting nervous about your oh-so-sweet-smile that it may be disguising a vindaloo. I thought I may offer you a Turkey Twizzler in return.

I'll bring a spade and some toilet paper.
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

And don't forget the insect repellant if you're sitting beside a lake! :roll:
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

moonraker wrote:
I'll bring a spade and some toilet paper.
Please. We are Blytonites. We don't need such things. :lol: The Famous Five never required spades and toilet paper now did they? :wink:
peppermint peppy

Post by peppermint peppy »

Ming wrote:
Viv of Ginger Pop wrote:Ming - do you have Bangladeshi biscuits - there must be SOMETHING that can travel!!! I was getting nervous about your oh-so-sweet-smile that it may be disguising a vindaloo. I thought I may offer you a Turkey Twizzler in return.
Okay, okay - I'll see!

[calling Mum and asking for some thing. Nodding head and decides to bring SOMETHING]

Great -- I'll bring some narikeler naru. Now don't ask me what that is... :wink:
Anything with coconut!!!
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Post by Matthew Roberts »

Wish I could join you all for the picnic, but Georgie and I are going to have to shoot off after the Day.

How time is flying! Not long to go!
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

For those who intend forraging in the supermarket rather than cook something - I'll bring a cool-box with ice blocks for anything that needs to be kept cool during the day.

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Time really is flying! Just one more day at school, and I'm gone! :D

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

I'll bring a cool-box with ice blocks for anything that needs to be kept cool during the day.
Thats great Viv, that gives me a bit more choice when I'm rummaging through Tesco. :D Incidentally the 5 day weather forecast on the BBC website indicates rainshowers for the Twyford area on Saturday. :( Thats probably something we should watch over the next few days. We dont want to get soaked.
Time really is flying! Just one more day at school, and I'm gone!
When do you arrive in the UK Ming?
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

lucky Star wrote:[Incidentally the 5 day weather forecast on the BBC website indicates rainshowers for the Twyford area on Saturday.
The weather forecasts are supposed to be a lot more accurate now, due to better satellite technology. For example about 6-8 weeks ago it was correctly predicted that several days later snow would fall in London mid-morning.

However in the last week I kept an eye on the forecast for Sunday just gone, and the forecast changed several times, including on the day itself. So you never know, it might not rain. 8)
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Viking Star wrote: The weather forecasts are supposed to be a lot more accurate now, due to better satellite technology.
However in the last week I kept an eye on the forecast for Sunday just gone, and the forecast changed several times, including on the day itself. So you never know, it might not rain. 8)
So are you trying to tell us that weather forecasting isn't rocket science? :lol:

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

lucky Star wrote:When do you arrive in the UK Ming?

I THINK (!!!) I arrive at 3 BST on Thursday.

Society Member
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Looking like I won't make the picnic Guys, I'll do my best...

If anyone is wanting me to bring any 78 related items for them to see let me know and I'll see what I can arrange
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Steve Alpe

Post by Steve Alpe »

Elsewhere in the forums people have been talking about buying reading copy books off Ebay.

I dug out over the weekend some paperbacks and Dean Edition Enid Blyton books many of which are readable copies. I will bring a box of them to the day. 10p each and no P & P costs!!!
Tony Summerfield

George@Kirrin wrote:If anyone is wanting me to bring any 78 related items for them to see let me know and I'll see what I can arrange
I am actually having a little Famous Five exhibition anyway, mostly just black and white stills (I think I have even pinched some of yours off the Forums!) but also copies of things taken from the press pack which I am sure you own anyway! Sadly I didn't think I could manage to copy the mobile! I am also covering the other TV series as well as the two earlier films. If you want to put anything with the exhibition just bring it along.

Best wishes
Tony
Tony Summerfield

Ming wrote:I THINK (!!!) I arrive at 3 BST on Thursday.
The forums are about to become Mingless for a bit, we are going to miss your posts.

Don't forget to bring your consent form with you - for those that don't know, Ming is about to become a radio star as the BBC are sending down a reporter to interview her on Saturday. I will keep everyone posted as to when the programme will be broadcast.