Previous journals for sale

What did you think of the latest Journal?
Blyton Reader

Previous journals for sale

Post by Blyton Reader »

Hello,
I wondered if anyone here might be thinking about selling any of their older Enid Blyton Society Journals please?
Thank you!
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Re: Previous journals for sale

Post by MJE »

Blyton Reader wrote:I wondered if anyone here might be thinking about selling any of their older Enid Blyton Society Journals please?
     I came here half-expecting to see someone saying they had some for sale - but the very opposite.
     I have a feeling it will be a long time before you get a positive answer to your question.
     I wouldn't mind getting some of the earlier issues from before I subscribed. I did get some when back copies were for sale years ago, but there are many I don't have - and I suppose I never will. Last time I looked, most of the back copies had dried up.
     It would be good if someone could scan all the issues into PDF files and they could be available. I'm sure they would be popular and well-used.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I think a lot of people are still searching for back issues, I know I am! They pop up now and again on eBay but I haven't seen any that I need in a while.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Just out of interest, what numbered back issues is everyone looking for? :D
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I'm looking for:

1-3, 5-6, 8, 11, 14-15, 17-18 and 27.

(I keep a spreadsheet, I don't have it memorised :lol:)
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Blyton Reader

Post by Blyton Reader »

Thank you for everyone's responses.

I have about 15 in total, so will check the numbers and list them here (though it does sound like it may be a difficult task to find many more!).

I'm also interested in seeing the inside of Tony Summerfield's 'An Illustrated Bibliography' part 1 (I don't necessarily need to own a personal copy, as I know they're also very difficult to come by, but I'd love to at least see it or better understand its contents).

Thanks again.

Blyton Reader

Post by Blyton Reader »

I have #s 18,19,20,28,31,32,36,37,38,39,40,42,44,47,71,72.
Thank you
Nick
Favourite book/series: Five on a Hike Together/Secret Seven
Favourite character: Dick & Susie

Post by Nick »

Hi BR,

I have every journal from number 42 onwards. A couple of been “amended” by a couple of toddlers but in the main they are just well read. More than happy to send some of them on to you if you want. Not looking to sell them but if you a want to cover P&P I’d love someone else to enjoy them as much as I have.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Nick
Society Member
tix

Post by tix »

Always interesting to see what the first issue of any magazine, comic, journal or whatever is worth.

Recently a "Rare Fanzine Enid Blyton Literary Society Journal First Issue (1996)" sold for almost seventeen pounds.

There were six bids.