Journal 49

What did you think of the latest Journal?
Katharine

Re: Journal 49

Post by Katharine »

I can't vouch for all postmen (or women), but the one we know gets up about 4.00am to go into work, sometimes he doesn't finish until 3.00pm. I suspect the reason we have less deliveries nowadays has more to do with cost cutting, such as having less people on the streets delivering. In my street alone there have been a dozen or more new houses built, and there is a brand new mini estate just around the corner, however there's still the one postman having to fit these extra addresses into his route.

It is annoying that some postal workers don't have a lot of common sense, I remember one many years ago leaving a package of photos on my doorstep, thankfully I hadn't left for work yet, and discovered them before they got rained on and ruined. That was back in the days of rolls of film, so the negatives would probably have got spoilt as well and I'd have had no digital back up.

Anita, how come you've received your Journal - sounds like favouritism to me. :wink:
Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Our post used to arrive anytime after midday, but the last few months it's been earlier, so yes, routes probably have been changed, this time to our advantage.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

Lucky you! :D
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Looking forward to getting my journal, though I'm not really expecting it before Monday. I usually get mine a day or two after forumites from England.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Is that because it gets held up at the border by Customs? Or do you have to have it translated from Sassenach? :wink:
Society Member
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

I think it's just that it is taken to Edinburgh to be sorted and then has to be transported to Dundee after that.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
7upromana01
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Post by 7upromana01 »

Just arrived! Very good work Katharine and Poppy!
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx
Wayne Pyer
Favourite book/series: adventure/find outers
Favourite character: Bill Smugs/Kiki/Fatty

Post by Wayne Pyer »

Mine has just arrived. :D
To much sport this weekend. Will start to digest Monday.
Wayne, living in an Enid Blyton world.
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Thanks Abi.

Yippee, mine has arrived. I haven't had a chance to study it in depth, but I did just flick through to read Poppy's article. I really enjoyed it, and have now put Whitley Bay on my list of 'must visit' places.
Society Member
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Glad you liked it Katharine! Whitley Bay certainly is a lovely place to go to. A bit breezy by the shore, lovely town to look round, lovely people and a wonderful lighthouse! :D
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Fiona1986 wrote:Looking forward to getting my journal, though I'm not really expecting it before Monday. I usually get mine a day or two after forumites from England.
I suppose if Scotland gets independence from the UK, you will have to become an overseas member? Although, strictly speaking, no sea has to be crossed to go over the border. :?
Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

My Journal has just arrived. :D Many thanks, Tony. I have a cold and so I shall enjoy staying at home in the warm this afternoon and reading it from cover. What a treat! :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Enjoy! Our post should be coming soon so I shall look hopefully out the window till then! :D
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Spitfire
Favourite book/series: Most of the stand-alone stories
Favourite character: Snubby & Mr. Twiddle.

Post by Spitfire »

Fiona1986 wrote:Looking forward to getting my journal, though I'm not really expecting it before Monday. I usually get mine a day or two after forumites from England.
I'm the same normally, but mine has actually just plopped through the letterbox :D , along with a subscription renewal form. It's been a quick year!! :|
Sarah
Society Member

Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. Psalm 139
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

I was surprised a few minutes ago as my journal has come today! Well done Royal Mail.

For that reason along with many others, Nigel, I hope the Scottish people see sense and vote to remain a part of GB/UK.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member