Which Enid Blyton character would you like to have married?

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Re: Which Enid Blyton character would you like to have married?

Post by Boodi 2 »

Glad you agree with me about Dick Fiona! Needless to say, Julian would be the last person I would consider, followed by Mr. Goon!!!
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Silky Elf. She could make me toffee shocks every day. :lol:

Seriously though I have always like Dinah Mannering but she would be quite a handful I think. Perhaps Jane Longfield from The Mistletoe Farm books. I think she and I would probably get on well as she likes reading and the outdoors life.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
IceMaiden
Favourite book/series: Too many to mention! All of them!
Favourite character: George

Post by IceMaiden »

Courtenay wrote: 19 May 2023, 00:57 When it comes to female characters who have some real, well, character, and who do get to have adventures on their own and save the day, Lotta from the Galliano's Circus series definitely springs to mind. She's the Blyton character I would most like to be, hence my avatar! But the only Blyton character I have ever thought of in marriage terms is definitely Bill Smugs / Cunningham. Sorry, IceMaiden, we'll have to fight it out. :wink: (Although I think I had something of a Bets-style attachment to Inspector Jenks when I was little.)
Inspector Jenks might have been a consideration as well but he wasn't in the action enough to have any real impact on me. So still just Bill in the running :P.
pete9012S wrote: 19 May 2023, 11:25 Miss Pepper, now there's a curveball I did not see coming - good in the sack
race and very tolerant. Good choice John.

Glad you left me Susie as she is my dream girl. Intelligent, quirky, strong minded and a great body
of work in outwitting the very slightly bossy, domineering and overbearing Peter.. :D :D
I had to read that twice! A freudian slip Pete?! :wink: :lol:
Society Member

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And A̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶h̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶a̶i̶r̶e̶
Splodj

Post by Splodj »

I was expecting Pete to go for Eunice Tolling!
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

:D :D :D

Very perceptive Splodj - I did receive a tip off that Eunice was surprisingly very poor in the sack
race, and instead excelled in the egg and spoon race.

I must say that I did actually consider her, as she is without doubt very good and able with her tongue
sandwiches and other nibbles, which as you know, go a long way to making a man happy. :D

" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
dsr

Post by dsr »

Aunt Allie. Not only is she kind and generous and loving, she also doesn't mind working for a living so won't be relied on to earn all the money! (But I'm not at all sure that a woman who married Bill Cunningham would be remotely interested in marrying me.)
DSR
Irene Malory Towers
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series
Favourite character: Fatty from the Five Find Outers

Post by Irene Malory Towers »

Unknown depths to Miss Pepper !!! From Pete. You never know. She seems to straight laced but then she did consume a few tins of condensed milk harbouring a secret desire and passion for life !!
It is a close run thing between Bill and Fatty as to whom I would like to have married but Fatty wins the day with his amazing humour and disguises.
In terms of girls I had forgotten about Lottie from the circus and of course Fenella from other circus book - who were both amazing characters, full of strength and compassion. Lottie might be a bit smelly though. And talking of smelly there is Tassie from the Castle book - if you don't mind marrying someone who has a bath once a year !!
You'll never wear your own brains out, Mr. Goon - you don't use them enough !
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

IceMaiden wrote: 19 May 2023, 15:59 I had to read that twice! A freudian slip Pete?! :wink: :lol:
I can categorically state that Pete's line spacing was very deliberately intended.
Eunice's athletic prowess is astonishing, both on and off the track!
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I'm afraid marriage to any of the Blyton characters would not be for me. The only real crush on a book character that I had as a schoolboy, was The Lone Pine Club's Peter (Petronella Sterling). A few years back, driving along the Long Mynd by the Glider Club, I felt her presence strongly.
Society Member
dsr

Post by dsr »

Irene Malory Towers wrote: 22 May 2023, 07:49 In terms of girls I had forgotten about Lottie from the circus and of course Fenella from other circus book - who were both amazing characters, full of strength and compassion. Lottie might be a bit smelly though. And talking of smelly there is Tassie from the Castle book - if you don't mind marrying someone who has a bath once a year !!
You're probably right about Tassie, but circus performers go in front of the public and so they have to keep themselves clean and shiny.
DSR
Irene Malory Towers
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series
Favourite character: Fatty from the Five Find Outers

Post by Irene Malory Towers »

That is true, I preferred Fenella to Lottie though, Fenella was such a dear sweet girl. She would have married the boy with the goose I am sure. can't remember his name and of course Lottie would have married Jimmie and between them they would have about 100 dogs, no children just loads of dogs and maybe a couple of tigers too and some horses.
You'll never wear your own brains out, Mr. Goon - you don't use them enough !
Nair Snehalatha

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

I.would like all the characters to remain as they are without growing old or older, and me being a good friend of them all-- but since a marriage is thought of I would love to marry Barney(though I feel he belongs to Dinah) Barney, handsome , trustworthy, fearless-- I love him
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

A great choice Nair. I really think Andy would make a superb husband. He is also a great lover
of all sea and bird life, so you could enjoy nature together. Not afraid to use his tongue
when someone like Tom disobeys him, so yes, all in all a great choice.
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

You should do this professionally, Pete.
You could call your company FLAPS.
Funny Lines And Perfect Spacing. :D
Society Member
Blytonfan

Post by Blytonfan »

How about Julian from the Naughtiest Girl series? Julian from FF I feel would be too pompous.
or Elizabeth Allen herself or maybe Joan Townsend?

Jack from the Secret Island? Jack from the Adventure Series would probably be a lot like Gerald Durrell (and maybe Philip too).

Any of the St. Clare's or Malory Towers girls - Gwen, Prudence and the like excepted?

Any takers for Mr. Goon???????? :P