The Rabbit with a Gold Tail

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Katharine

The Rabbit with a Gold Tail

Post by Katharine »

I'm currently reading a new Hodder compilation book - 'Pet Stories'. It contains a story with the above title, which I feel sure I've read before. However a quick search in The Cave, tells me that it has only appeared in Teacher's World in 1922.

Does anyone know of a similar story that I might be confusing it with? I know Enid did repeat storylines with clever little twists.

If not, maybe I read it on-line in The Cave, as I know I have read some of the articles there, but I just have a very strong feeling that I've read it (or something similar) in a book.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: The Rabbit with a Gold Tail

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

There is another story that comes to mind - 'The Land of Nowhere', which I've got in Sleepytime Tales (Purnell Sunshine Library). In 'The Land of Nowhere', a brother and sister named Denis and Susie also have a white rabbit (Snowball). The Princess of Nowhere's coachman takes Snowball to help draw the princess's carriage, as it's normally drawn by four black rabbits but one of them has stepped on a spray of bramble and hurt his foot. Other elements of the story are quite different, but that part is certainly similar.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Katharine

Re: The Rabbit with a Gold Tail

Post by Katharine »

Thanks Anita. I haven't got that particular book, but I see that the story you mention was first published in the Second Holiday book, which I've definitely read. So quite possibly that's the story I'm thinking of. :)
Society Member