Enid Blyton's Book of her Play Noddy in Toyland.

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Enid Blyton's Book of her Play Noddy in Toyland.

Post by Boatbuilder »

Whilst looking for something else, I happened to come across this. I don't know if it's worth the asking price though - £44.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ENID-BLYTONS-F ... ems&sr=1-6
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Enid Blyton's Book of her Play Noddy in Toyland.

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

The Noddy in Toyland play/pantomime is very interesting as it brings in well-known faces from other Enid Blyton books including Josie, Click and Bun, Mr. Pink-Whistle, the Three Golliwogs and several characters from the Faraway Tree series - Moonface, Silky, the Saucepan Man and Mr. Whiskers. That explains why the Saucepan Man comes into a couple of the main Noddy books (from the set of 24). If I remember correctly, Noddy gets to climb the Faraway Tree in the play!

Noddy in Toyland was first performed at the Stoll Theatre in London in 1954-55. Barbara Stoney tells us in Enid Blyton - The Biography that it "continued to play to packed houses in London, the provinces and overseas during the nine years that followed its first performance. A later film of the pantomime proved equally popular wherever it was shown."

A clip of the filmed performance of Noddy in Toyland was played at an Enid Blyton Day and it was fun to see it, though the production values can't be compared to today's of course.

The book is well worth a read but I'd hunt for a cheaper copy if possible, John!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member