Errors in the books

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Blytonfan

Re: Errors in the books

Post by Blytonfan »

"Five Go Off in a Caravan" - maybe my error. Apologies for that.
As far as I remember, the five are trapped underground, but Pongo joins them. How did he get there? Or did he slip in after the entry way was opened by the crooks?
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

He managed to wade up the stream.
'Someone is wading up the stream,' whispered Dick, in astonishment. 'Did they get in at the place where we couldn't get out? They must have!'

'But who is it?' asked Julian. 'Can't be Lou or Dan. They wouldn't come that way when they could come the right way. Sh! Whoever it is, is arriving in the cave. I'll shut off my torch.'

Darkness fell in the cave as the light from Julian's torch was clicked off. They all sat and listened, and poor Nobby shook and shivered. Timmy didn't growl any more, which was surprising. In fact, he even wagged his tail!

There was a sneeze from the other end of the cave — and then soft footsteps padded towards them. Anne felt as if she must scream. WHO was it?

Julian switched on his torch suddenly, and its light fell on a squat, hairy figure, halting in the bright glare. It was Pongo!

'It's Pongo!' everyone yelled, and leapt up at once. Timmy ran over to the surprised chimpanzee and sniffed round him in delight. Pongo put his arms round Nobby and Anne.

'Pongo! You've escaped! You must have bitten through your rope!' said Julian. 'How clever you are to find your way through that hole where the stream pours out. How did you know you would find us here! Clever Pongo.'

Anita Bensoussane wrote: 12 Jul 2023, 09:40 An amusing error! :lol: Yes, I've just checked and it's meant to be "dog-girl"! I expect the mistake crept in in 1997 when the text was updated. My own edition is a 1972 Knight paperback.
The god-girl is still there in my Kindle edition (The Famous Five Collection 3: Books 7-9)
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Thanks, Hannah! Will the error ever be corrected, I wonder?
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

In Five get into trouble-- the five are out to Owls Dene to rescue Dick-- They sit for a while in the moonlight in the pine shadows munching sandwiches-- On hearing a car car approaching, julian gets up to ask for help-- but it turns out that the car was Mr perton's come to fetch.Weston, the convict-- Now -- there was someone hiding behind the trees waiting with a change of clothes for the convict-- How is it he did not notice the Five in the pine copse in the moonlight? Was it a Blyton error or did the hidden man.come later-- ? Becoz George had also gone near to the tumbledown hut behind which was the hidden.man--