Are these worth anything?

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
jasmine

Are these worth anything?

Post by jasmine »

hello,

I've discovered in my fathers loft a fair collection of hardback EB books dating from 1950s and 60s, as I'm in the process of getting rid of all his old junk.

I don't have any interest in these books; they've been sat up there for 30 years or more doing absolutely nothing. I just wanted to know if there are any collectable books or prints in the EB collection which I should look out for, that might be worth something, or if they're only worth coppers, suggestions for what I should do with them.

Thanks

Jasmine
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Re: Are these worth anything?

Post by Kate Mary »

Hello Jasmine,

One man's junk is another man's treasure! If the books are original editions with dustjackets, try these dealers in children's books:

http://www.stellabooks.com" target="_blank

http://www.peakirkbooks.com" target="_blank

Some Blyton titles are worth a fair bit of money, so it's worth checking. Please don't throw them in the bin.
"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Are these worth anything?

Post by Lucky Star »

If you have an ebay account try putting them in there. Old harback Blytons, especially if they still have their dustjackets, can sell for about £5-£10 each depending on which books they are.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member