The Sea of Adventure

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: The sea of adventure

Post by Lucky Star »

When two friends are together they can do anything. You will both be fine Anna. After a week you'll hardly miss your old school at all. Good Luck. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Life is a huge book, made up of many chapters, Anna. You are about to start a new one. There will be many more, some good, some not so good. You are living your autobiography, that is all. However your life story evolves, you can always re-read the earlier chapters in your mind.

All the best for tomorrow. :)
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Moonrakers spot on there Anna. Just think of the new and exciting friends you are about to meet. You're very lucky it's all in front of you. Good luck for tomorrow.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Moonraker wrote:If you want to see Waterloo in all its glory, watch the BTF film, Terminus. It is the story of a day in the life of Waterloo Station, and is really good. It is possible to view the opening scenes here.
Loved the opening shots of the river - and the streets with so few cars and buses! Last time I was at Waterloo Station was the day of the Society Summit. :)

Have a great day tomorrow, Anna!

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Anna Moss

Post by Anna Moss »

Good news - I really enjoyed my induction day! I also found out there are 4 people I know from previous schools! I also like my teacher (which i met on the day) too. Thanks all for your good lucks and support!
gareth jones
Favourite book/series: ADVENTURE SERIES
Favourite character: JACK TRENT

Post by gareth jones »

Hi Anna
I was 10 at the time and like most of the boys i was mad on footie and playing cowboys and indian and wasn't into reading at all,so it really was a punishment to me.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
Anna Moss

Post by Anna Moss »

ah :D so like mnay others, enid inspired you to read more! I already read lots when I was younger, but Enid got me reading even more! In the sea of adventure, I'm on the part where they've just reached the island of birds and I just can't wait too see what happens next!
Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star »

Ah now the story really starts hotting up Anna. It becomes action packed very quickly after they reach the island.

Good to hear you are liking your new school. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Anna Moss

Post by Anna Moss »

thanks! Yeah, I've just read another chapter, its brilliant!
Anna Moss

Post by Anna Moss »

Hello again! I just have an enquiry about Puffin Island. I heard Enid Blyton based it on a real island (not necessarily called puffin island) does anyone know the name of this real island, and if so, where is it situated?
Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star »

Not sure about a specific location for Puffin island Anna but the book as a whole is generally asssumed to be set in and around the myriad small islands off the North coast of Scotland. An area I would love to visit sometime. :)

Society Member
Anna Moss

Post by Anna Moss »

Thanks lucky star. So maybe its possible there could be some kind of similar group of islands on a map or something? Yes, it would certainly be nice to visit some islands around the north coast of scotland, and it would be great to meet Huffin and Puffin!!! :D
Anna Moss

Post by Anna Moss »

:lol: hallo! Today i'm on the final chapter of the sea of adventure, and its beautiful! I honestly thought it was the enemy who were in the plane, but i was so relieved to find that it was Bill's freinds to come and rescue them!
caretaker.thms

Post by caretaker.thms »

Anna. I am so glad you are enjoying the book. It makes a change to hear of youngsters like you in this changing world sitting down and reading a book that would in most children's mind be outdated and boring.
you sound a very outstanding young lady , one that Enid Blyton would be proud of.
hope you are enjoying your new school, as a school caretaker I know the first few weeks are hard !
the valley of adventure was my favourite, have you read that?

CT
there is no such thing as can't
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Hi Anna

I was wondering how you were getting on. I presumed you were having such a busy time that you'd forgotten all about us!

Caretaker - could you tell us more about where you are. We've all experienced school from the other side of the desk, and a few are teachers, but a Filch's eye view would be very enlightening!

Welcome to the Forums

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017