Congratulations World Of Blyton Blog - 10 years

Use this forum to discuss the author herself.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Congratulations World Of Blyton Blog - 10 years

Post by pete9012S »

Two weeks ago I marked ten years of the blog. Then I came down with tonsillitis (very florid tonsillitis according to my doctor…) and wasn’t up to doing much of anything for a week. Not a great start to my 11th year of blogging, but never mind. After a course of antibiotics I’m back on my feet and writing again.
https://worldofblyton.com/2022/11/14/mo ... ment-18716

Congratulation are surely due to Fiona for running this excellent blog for ten years!

Where has that time gone!!

I always feel the EBS should provide a link to this valuable Enid Blyton online resource - maybe that is something that could be looked into?
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Congratulations World Of Blyton Blog - 10 years

Post by Fiona1986 »

Thanks, Pete.

Can hardly believe it has been that long and the children who inspired it (IceCream etc) are all grown ups themselves now :lol:
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Ten years. :shock: My goodness. Apart from the excellent content, in these days of the throw away society it's great to see that the effort and dedication has been maintained for a decade and counting. Well done to all involved.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Thanks, LS. I'm not sure it feels like it has been ten years, but then sometimes it feels like forever :lol:. I'm just lucky that Blyton wrote so much and there have been so many TV/Film adaptations, reprints, merchandise and so on to give me things to write about. I'm also lucky that there's so much information on Blyton out there, including of course the Cave of Books and the journals as it does make my research much much easier. I can't think of many authors that could sustain ten (or more) years of a blog by themselves, or many authors with such a strong online repository of information to rely on.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Any online site that directs its reader directly to The Enid Blyton Cave of Books as The World Of Blyton Blog repeatedly does gets my vote.

Many people who may not have heard of the magnificent cave here must surely have now heard about it and the whole Enid Blyton Society in general.

Regards

Pete
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member