Blytonian!!

Use this forum to discuss the author herself.
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Re: Blytonian!!

Post by Boodi 2 »

No problem Pete! As I don't watch much TV, added to the fact that living in Germany means that I am not always familiar with the programmes/series/films mentioned, I swallowed it lock, stock and barrel, but did not comment on it because I had no idea what you were talking about, having never heard of Dickensian or that Enid Blyton used Justin Geste as a pen name!!!
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Boodi 2 wrote: 24 Nov 2022, 11:29 I had no idea what you were talking about, having never heard of Dickensian or that Enid Blyton used Justin Geste as a pen name!!!
Please forgive me if I am stating the obvious, as I have previously been criticised before! Justin Geste is pronounced Just in jest and this rather gives the game away. I only say this in case those whose first language isn't English, might not get the connection.
Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: As with (most of) the cryptic clues I can see it perfectly when it is explained but never noticed it myself :oops: :oops:
Society Member
Susie9598

Post by Susie9598 »

I knew about The summer Storm, and the pen name Justin Geste …. and I have only just twigged the just in jest thing! English is my first (only) language! Wow, I’m dense.