A life long ambition fulfilled

Use this forum to discuss the author herself.
lwindrush
Favourite book/series: Famous five of course!
Favourite character: Dick, he is so me

Re: A life long ambition fulfilled

Post by lwindrush »

Chloe,
Silly me, of course a shed is supposed to be outside.
In those days things were built to last.
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Fiona1986 wrote:I've been to the Bronte Parsonage, and I really enjoyed it...
Yes, I too love visiting this famous Parsonage, and the moors around are quite magical. No wonder the Bronte sisters wrote such atmospheric books.

I'd love to go back again, but it's just the distance from down here in the west of the country.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
lwindrush
Favourite book/series: Famous five of course!
Favourite character: Dick, he is so me

Post by lwindrush »

Definitely plan to go in the autumn when it's more melancholic
Miss Pepper

Post by Miss Pepper »

Vic Nicholas wrote:I am an Enid Blyton fan since I first read the Fatty Mystery Series as an 8 year old, many, many moons ago.

So it was natural that we would one day make a pilgramage to Blyton's home, Old Thatch in Coldmooreholme Lane, Buckinghamshire.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/ ... neEnd3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/ ... neEnd2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This was little more than a week ago.

Simply fantastic!
I spent the weekend only minutes away from Old Thatch.I longed to break away from other duties and visit there, but alas,family commitments already long planned made it impossible for me to go there on this occasion.
But I was so glad to read that you had made it there and took some consolation from that.
chloe1

Post by chloe1 »

Ive just posted this in other authors bit of the forum but Gypsy cottage is open tomorrow the public if you are nearby. By the looks of things the shed is still there (confused - maybe they just moved what was inside)
http://www.ngs.org.uk/gardens/gardenfin ... x?id=11240" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apologies a bit too much Dahl talk in this thread - I shall now take it back to the equally wonderful Enid... :)
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

chloe1 wrote:My dad has since moved to Dorset and I still havent been to Corfe, Swanage or even Vivs storycentre. Plain useless I am -

It's so tempting to answer that... :roll:

:P

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
chloe1

Post by chloe1 »

I know and im sorry. You know what a rollercoaster its been the last few years :roll: Just wrapping up the final loose ends of the business and starting a new job when I will have actual time off and be able to come down for the day. Cant wait! :D