Malcolm Jamieson

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Machupicchu14
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Naughtiest Girl
Favourite character: George Kirrin/ Elizabeth Allen

Malcolm Jamieson

Post by Machupicchu14 »

Been searching the internet for some information about him but only little details show up. Such a pity he doesn't even have a Wikipedia page at all. :|

Anyway, I love him as Bill Cunningham and always will love him in this representation which he executed so well.
He was just excellent.

Now after watching the series, Bill and Malcolm are the same person. I simply cannot imagine Bill like any other person. :wink:

I have checked the YouTube Canal where his poems are recorded and I must say they are beautiful.
(His reading tone is perfect too...)
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
(все, что я понимаю, я понимаю только потому, что люблю)
Lev Tolstoy

You can call me Machupicchu14 or María Esther

Society Member
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Re: Malcolm Jamieson

Post by Boatbuilder »

Did you see this on his Youtube page, Maria Esther? If he's still there, sounds like he might welcome a call from you. :D ;)
I am sure he would not mind a call from a fan.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MalcolmJamieson/about" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member
Machupicchu14
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Naughtiest Girl
Favourite character: George Kirrin/ Elizabeth Allen

Post by Machupicchu14 »

Yes I saw it! :D

Makes me feel over the moon of happiness but I just hope he's still around (I don't mean as in dead of course). The YouTube Channel hasn't been updated since approximately 2008 so I'm dubious whether I should try.
But on the other hand if I don't try I'll never know!

Talking to him though would be a dream come true :wink:
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
(все, что я понимаю, я понимаю только потому, что люблю)
Lev Tolstoy

You can call me Machupicchu14 or María Esther

Society Member
daanton
Favourite book/series: FAMOUS FIVE
Favourite character: All the Five, but especially Anne.

Post by daanton »

A fair bit you can get out of his IMDb page, however:
  • Played Richard DiNardo in "VICTOR VICTORIA" (1982) starring Julie Andrews.
  • Played Armand St. Just in 1982 TV movie "THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL".
  • Starred as Petrus in the 1984 TV mini-series "THE LAST DAYS OF POMPEII".
  • Was Claude Dupont in the TV series "HOWARD'S WAY".
  • Played two characters in "MERIDIAN" (1990).
But as for the purpose of this forum topic, he did play Bill Cunningham in the "ENID BLYTON ADVENTURE SERIES" (1996), in all of the "Of Adventure" episodes.

As for the series itself, it was co-produced by Avalon Studios Limited, Cloud Nine Entertainment and CLT (which, if I'm correct, is Compagnie Luxembourgeoise de Radiodiffusion, to later become RTL'' Group).

Debuted in 1996, although IMDb does not mention which UK channel showed it. But the series' sole Wikipedia entry (in German) mentions that it debuted (dubbed, no doubt) January 1997 in Germany on ZDF.
Famous Five TV Fan
timv

Post by timv »

I remember Malcolm Jamieson in 'Howards Way'; he was in series 1 and 2, shown in 1985 and 1986. Most of the filming of this was done in Hamble and Bursledon, on a river just off Southampton Water; Bursledon was where the Five On A Hike Together scenes at 'Two Trees' were filmed, at derelict Bursledon Towers. (Some HW scenes were shot in 1986-9 at Berthon Boatyard in Lymington, adjacent to FF sites on Lymington Quay used for Get Into Trouble in 1977-8.) MJ played the 'love interest' for principal teenage female character, blonde 'Lynne Howard'; the character was a French fashion designer called Claude Dupont who the TV critics called 'Clod' for his thick Inspector Clouseau style accent and was in a potential 'love triangle' with Lynne and her mother, his boss.

In a typical serial drama manner for this 'Dallas On Solent' show, MJ's character was built up as a future leading part of the series when he got engaged to Lynne, and was then killed off in the series finale of Series 2 in a water-skiing accident on Southampton Water! At the time he was quite young and played a 'romantic lead goodie' rather than the more usual 'dodgy businessman' role in HW.
Society Member
IceMaiden
Favourite book/series: Too many to mention! All of them!
Favourite character: George

Post by IceMaiden »

I loved him as Bill too! He was quite dreamy, like a dashing James Bond type who'd come and rescue you at the last minute with a voice as melting as a galaxy chocolate bar :oops:. That's exactly how I picture Bill to be despite Enid describing him as bald!

Maria Esther I recommend you watch Meridian Kiss of the Beast. It's a fantasy horror film though it's not gory or really scary, it's sort of a more adult Beauty and the Beast.
Society Member

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And A̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶h̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶a̶i̶r̶e̶