Michele Gallagher

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

George@Kirrin wrote:I'm already in contact with Sean, and have been acting sort of as liason between him and this site so he doesn't get completely mobbed...

He seems nice and genuine.
Ah didn't realise this, hope he wont get mobbed then by me putting up the weblink!
I got excited when I happened to stumble across it online quite by chance and didn't know anyone here knew about it, although we did know Michele had a son in the south.

I dont wish for the guy to be swamped of course not, but be nice if he can share some memories as and when and if he feels like it, would be nice.

His wherabouts cant have been long found out, cos only the last few months we discovered Micheles passing, hope he wishes to reply to my mail, be nice .

Hope you enjoyed the Blyton day

Melinda (Jo the Gypsy)
The famous five will be part of my life forever!!!!!
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Did anything ever come of all this? Although I am really not sure that we have any right to be asking this guy personal questions about his Mum it would be interesting to know if he volunteered any stories etc.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

I believe Sean almost came to the last Enid Blyton Day, and that Marcus and Gary hope to persuade Jennifer Thanisch to come to the next one.
Last edited by Viking Star on 26 Jun 2007, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

I've exchanged a few emails with Sean, didn't say a great detail, last we spoke he was looking to scanning some more recent photos in of her
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
josiejo

Re: Michele Gallagher

Post by josiejo »

Hello,

I'm so sad to read all this, George (Michele) was my favourite in the 1970's tv series. I hadn't seen it anywhere else on here (I didn't look too hard, mind so apologies if it has been posted) but I scanned in the photo you got if you joined the Famous Five fanclub back in the seventies - thought some of you may be interested to see it, anyway - a nice reminder of happier times

When I get a chance, I'm going to scan in the other six pictures (yep, Timmy got his own, and there was a group shot!).
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Hi Josiejo and welcome to the forums. :D I've never seen that card brfore so yes please do scan in the others if you can. Thanks for posting it. :wink:
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Hi Josiejo; welcome to the forums!

The card looks really interesting. DO scan the others!! :D

Society Member
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Hi Josiejo, welcome to the forums. You are in good company, there is a whole legion of fans here who are devotees of the 1970s Famous Five series. The existence of a Famous Five fan club in the 1970s is a revelation to me. I watched both series when they were first broadcast and 30 years on I find out about the fanclub! Perhaps I should have read "Look In" magazine more often. I was probably too busy reading "Warlord"!

I look forward to seeing the other six pictures. What other items did the fanclub members get?
Almas
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Adventure/Famous Five/ Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty (I have a crush on him!!)

Post by Almas »

Hi Josiejo, welcome to the forums! The card is wonderful - and of course I would love to see the other scans too.

Will you mind if I print out the card and stick it in my scrap-book?

Almas
:D
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.
josiejo

Post by josiejo »

Hi everyone, and thanks for the nice comments - the Fan Club was just the one that is mentioned in the back of the books - I still have everything, you got a little badge and a booklet (my husband found the booklet the other day, so I do still have it), and I'm pretty sure you got the signed pictures at the same time. I'll try to scan them in tonight!

Almas, no problem at all, please do!

This should also mean we all know the correct spelling of Michele's name too, as she only used the one 'l' - I know some places spell it with two (but not here!)
Yan

Post by Yan »

I´ve got a question about Michele:

At a meeting with German fans some years ago Gary and Marcus told that Michele´s mother was German.

So - does anybody know if Michele could speak German?
If she could, perhaps sometimes she talked in German with Michael Hinz and Friedrich von Thun during the filming?
peppermint peppy

Post by peppermint peppy »

Well,I don't believe it but >I dunno.In my opinion she could have spoken some few words or sentences in German only.If I remember rightly she grew up in U.K.
Gary Russell
Favourite book/series: FF
Favourite character: well duh...

Post by Gary Russell »

Yup, she could speak German, certainly more than the rest of us - I know she spoke it to FvT at times.
Almas
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Adventure/Famous Five/ Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty (I have a crush on him!!)

Post by Almas »

Hello Gary!

I am simply amazed to see you! At last I cought you online! :)

Its nice to know that Michele could speak German. I have searched the web extensively for her but found very little info.

Anyways, I am planning to create a Wikipedia article on her...and I hope the other members will help me to compile all the info related to her.

Lovely to talk to you again, Gary!

Almas
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.
Yan

Post by Yan »

Gary Russell wrote:Yup, she could speak German, certainly more than the rest of us - I know she spoke it to FvT at times.
It´s great to have this confirmed. So, maybe she even saw the German version of the series one time.

Thank you very much, Gary