Michele Gallagher

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
peppermint peppy

Re: Michele Gallagher

Post by peppermint peppy »

Ever met a grumpy paramedic? :lol:
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

peppermint peppy wrote:Ever met a grumpy paramedic? :lol:
No, unless we're talking about Nige...
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Ever met An Angry Pixie and an argumentative fairy, when it comes to real people creating 'spam'? :roll:

Society Member
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Ming wrote:Ever met An Angry Pixie and an argumentative fairy, when it comes to real people creating 'spam'? :roll:
Ohhh!
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Yan

Post by Yan »

Tony Summerfield wrote:Thank goodness this discussion is no longer taking place in our forums. I find it unbelievable that David Moore who posted on these forums as Bannerman will simply not let the matter rest. I would also like to add that I don't know who Tony is in that discussion, but it certainly isn't me! :twisted:
I'm afraid I don't really know what you mean. Whoever this "Tony" is - in my view he did a rather useful thing. This certificate will finally stop all the speculations and doubters (I hope). :|
Alice in Wonderland

Post by Alice in Wonderland »

I have to agree with Tony and Gary

The ghoulish behaviour of some has been appalling and is disrespectful not just to Michele and her family and friends but also to Marcus Gary and Jenny

Michele has been resting in peace for 8 years and none of us should break that rest
Moonraker

Alice in Wonderland

Post by Moonraker »

Of much greater interest, who is Alice in Wonderland? :)
Society Member
TB3

Post by TB3 »

I must say that I was hoping that Michelle was still alive, but recent events drove home the finality of her passing for me. Her performance as George in the 70s show (which I discovered in the 90s) was an absolute delight and moved me deeply, and the troubles she later went through, and her death, are extremely saddening and lamentable. I felt much as I did at the news of Heath Ledger's passing, the sadness and loss that someone so brilliant and talented was taken from us before their time, after enduring so much emotional pain and hardship in their lives.

I am reminded of another actor who passed away in similar circumstances. Chris Collinson, better known by his screen-name of Chris Latta, impacted my entire generation with his performances in 80s cartoons such as Transformers and GI Joe (voicing characters such as Starscream and Cobra Commander). His death was described as being due to a cerebral hemmorage, but his peers and co-stars (Peter Cullen, the legendary voice of Optimus Prime, was moved to the brink of tears when questioned about Chris' death at a convention) hinted that he was a sweet man who had been used and abused much in his career, thus he had many demons and a long and rough road tackling them, and suggested that these factors might have been involved in his passing.

I'd just like to take this post to express, on behalf of beloved actors such as Michelle, Heath, and Chris (and indeed, to anyone who has suffered in this tragic fashion), my condolences to their surviving loved ones, my hopes and prayers that they have now found peace, and my undying respect, affection and admiration for these performancers and the wonderous characters who they made come to life, to entertain and inspire, to give wings to the imaginations of so many viewers, young and old alike. The recordings of their accomplishments are still enjoyed today, and as such make fitting epitaphs to ones who burned so brightly for such a short but memorable time, much as a star will flare its brightest before dwindling away, leaving but memories.

No-one should ever have to suffer in this manner, and for anyone reading this who does, my heart (and I'm sure, the hearts of many on this board), are with you. You are loved, and you are not alone.

I've been meaning to post in this thread for some time, but I had a hard time thinking of something to type that would not seem callous. I hope this post doesn't offend or upset in any way, and if it does, I will have no hestitation in taking it down. Thankyou all again, and most of all, thankyou to Michelle. May you rest in peace.

Thankyou, fair winds, goodnight and God Bless, one and all
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

I recently read somewhere that Jolie Newman who played the tomboy in The Red Hand Gang - regarded in the 70s as an American Famous Five also passed away some years ago. Again I saw this comment on Youtube (by someone claiming to be her co-star) so can't confirm or deny it.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I read that somewhere online too, Stephen, but no further details were given.

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Belly

Post by Belly »

Very sad to hear about the untimely passing of these stars. I recently found out that the actress who played Elouise in the TV adaptation of The White Mountains also died back in the 1980s in a car accident before the series was completed. She was an exceptionally talented girl as well as very beautiful.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

I remember my dad mentioning it after reading it in the paper. I think she had broken down on the hard shoulder and then got hit by a lorry. I would have only been about 11 at the time, but it did bring an uncomfortable sense of mortality to the usually innocent me. The fact that someone could be snuffed out like that in an instant.
manzanita
Favourite book/series: Five Find Outers, Barney, Secret and Adventure!

Post by manzanita »

I know what you mean about the bringing home one's mortality. A boy in my class at school was killed in a car crash back in 1996, aged 17 and that did not sit comfortably. I think another boy from the same year might have died too in the same car crash. A third chap from my year, died around 2000 from asthma so I do feel the Grim Reaper edging ever closer sometimes.

I always wonder what Heather O'Rourke would have achieved had she not died at 13 years old. Best known as Carol-Ann in the Poltergeist films, I believe.
kingkong

Post by kingkong »

There is a wikipedia-discussion going on about establishing an article aboute Michele or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Gallagher" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Belly

Post by Belly »

Reading that the EB forum is not a 'reliable source' of information apparently!

Her having a large fan base is doubted? Surely she deserves credit there simply for being an excellent child actress, one of the very best IMHO.

I