Michele Gallagher

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
TeenMysteryMachine13

Re: Michele Gallagher

Post by TeenMysteryMachine13 »

Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Hmm that was interesting. Not sure that I really "got"it but I'll have another, more detailed look later. Thanks for the link.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Gary Russell
Favourite book/series: FF
Favourite character: well duh...

Post by Gary Russell »

Am I the only person here who finds this whole thread disappointing, distasteful and in very poor taste indeed?

Michele is gone.

Deal with it, people.

Please?
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

I agree wholly Garry - apologies, I've not been on here for a few days.

With the recent posts I think it's only appropriate that this topic is now locked, out of respect for Michele.
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I agree entirely with what you were saying Gary, and I have edited this thread mercilessly. I apologise to those who have had legitimate posts deleted, but in most cases these were referring to other insensitive posts.

I have now unlocked the thread, so that anyone wishing to remember Michele is free to post again, but I will keep a careful watch on future posts and anything insensitive will be removed.

As Gary says, Michele is gone, so let's have no further speculation on the subject.
Yan

Post by Yan »

Thank you for unlocking this thread again, Tony. I haven't been on here for a few days either, and so I don't know what posts came up. But if they were distasteful, as Gary said, it was right to delete them.

Let us remember Michele for her great performance as George. That is what she deserves.
tinker7

Post by tinker7 »

Apologies -

I grew up with and loved the 1970s FF series and the other day simply stumbled upon what seemed like quite a mysterious debate. After reading the years' worth of speculative postings I hardly imagined my post would cause the forum to be locked! I only posted the link (to a picture of a 'Michelle Gallagher' of about the correct age and with dark curly hair) as I did not realise the matter had been settled and because there appeared to be so much interest in finding out more about MG.

Again, apologies to anyone who may have found this post distasteful, offensive or disrespectful - it certainly was not intended to cause such a reaction.

Here's to a brilliant portrayal of George!

Cheers, Tinker7
peppermint peppy

Post by peppermint peppy »

Hunting a phantom?
One one side I am very nosy declaredly but new progress of this discussion on Gallagher forums regarding this topic disgusts me exceedingly. At the moment I am two -minded.
Gary & Consorters: More and more I'm on the same opinion with you.But..slowly!
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Thank goodness this discussion is no longer taking place in our forums. I find it unbelievable that David Moore who posted on these forums as Bannerman will simply not let the matter rest. I would also like to add that I don't know who Tony is in that discussion, but it certainly isn't me! :twisted:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Tony Summerfield wrote: I would also like to add that I don't know who Tony is in that discussion, but it certainly isn't me! :twisted:
That was perfectly obvious by the style of English used! Glad to see my opinion of Bannerman has been confirmed. I have my own opinion/thoughts on that whole debacle, but I will keep them to myself!
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

:shock: :shock: My God some of those guys are nutcases. The witness protection programme?? As Tony said thank God it has stopped on here. People really need to learn to let go or something. I was tempted to add a scathing comment to that discussion but the whole thing is so distasteful its unbelieveable. :evil:
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Some folks obviously have nothing else better to do :evil:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:Some folks obviously have nothing else better to do :evil:
That ghouls forum makes for some disturbing reading, even more so when one considers that most of the contributors are probably in their early middle age. The web certainly affords anonymity to some very strange people. :roll:

Happily the EBS Forum has seen absent members make a welcome return, plus one or two others have made an exit, hopefully for good!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Can't argue there, Petrmax! I took a look at Johan's Faraway Tree Forum the other day; my word, we don't seem to be very popular over there. Mind you, not many people seem to want to post there now! Since Ming and I got banned, I haven't posted anything!

Image Image
Society Member
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Moonraker wrote:Can't argue there, Petrmax! I took a look at Johan's Faraway Tree Forum the other day; my word, we don't seem to be very popular over there. Mind you, not many people seem to want to post there now! Since Ming and I got banned, I haven't posted anything!

Image Image

How on earth did you get Banned? :shock:
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/