tv series of famous five

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Kirrin

tv series of famous five

Post by Kirrin »

when was this aired during 1996 and at what time?

did anyone actually watch it then.
Mac99
Favourite book/series: 5 Findouters
Favourite character: Fatty

good site for info

Post by Mac99 »

the following site provides a lot of info on the series:

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Sh ... owid-6685/

btw just ordered from spain and watched all the series on dvd ... brought back a few memories...

mac
Julian Dick

Post by Julian Dick »

I've just received a set of dvd's of the 1990's series from the United States,It's got Scandinavian packaging but if you turn the subtitles off it's completely in English.
I also received a set of the 1970's series from Australia,both lots of DVD's played perfectly on my player.
Lulie

Post by Lulie »

I watched the first one (Treasure Island??) and it wasn't too bad. Obviously they had chopped a lot of the story out for time reasons - at least I assume it was for time reasons but what they left in was fairly true to the original book.

It made me laugh at the time, my sister was at home and watched a bit of it, before flouncing off muttering that they'd spoiled it because they'd made the children "terribly middle class with posh accents". I laugh because at the time they were terribly middle class with posh accents!!!

edited to add - my big gripe was Timmy. He was played by a very sweet little terrier-type dog. Timmy was a great big-could-be-fearsome dog, not a sweet little terrier-type. Definitely mis-cast.