1978 TV Theme Single

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
George@Kirrin

1978 TV Theme Single

Post by George@Kirrin »

Here's a treat for those who either love the '78 F5 series and haven't heard the full version as released on the single, or like me, those who just can't get enough :)

It had to be a video format to upload the tune, so I've added to it a few of my press photos. Took a while as my computer kept running out of coal and I've gone through 3 hamsters...

It's a fairly big file, but I hope you all enjoy it - once I've mastered the B side I'll upload that also.

The guitar in the single is rather mad! :lol:

Famous Five Single
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Amazing, George. Loved it!
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Fab - it's really quite jazzy! I'll be humming that for days now :lol: !

Anita
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:I'll be humming that for days now :lol: !
Quick disclaimer! I accept no responsibility for any injuries caused to anyone by them being slapped by family members for driving them up the wall due to continual F5 theme tune humming! (Although how that could drive anyone up the wall is beyond me!)

Glad you're enjoying it :)
Tony Summerfield

Theme Tune

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Good stuff Zoe, we actually had this there to play yesterday, but the 'sound man' hadn't got the right equipment. It kept stopping on my computer - I had better check that it hasn't swallowed one of your hamsters!

Best wishes
Tony
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Hi Tony,

I'll bring my record player, next year and we can all have a sing song, with a prize for best air guitar!

<disclaimer number 2> I accept no liability for badly behaved laptop powering hamsters excaping and wrecking other machines. :lol:
Belly

Post by Belly »

Wow! That's amazing and brought a nostalgic tear to my eye! Those photos make me wonder if I had them as a child? I remember them well. I think the one of them all in the wood was on the front cover of 'Five Have a Mystery to Solve' paperback?

Do the children on this song have northern accents? Note the way they sing castle? Not that I have anything against northen accents (my husband is a northerner)! They sound Leciestershireish to me?
Belly

Post by Belly »

Meant to add that my best friend and I tried and failed to scribble down the lyrics to this theme every time it was on (wasn't it on Tues or Weds pm for half an hour by the way)? Didn't know there was a single!
Eljay

Post by Eljay »

I'm lucky to own the original single - though without the picture sleeve! They're naff songs (as indeed was the 70s TV series at times), but also rather annoyingly catchy!! But really - someone should have been shot for trying to turn the Famous Five into a pop group!!! :D
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

1978 TV Theme Single

Post by Viking Star »

I also have the single (and the cover :D ).

I recently recorded the record onto CD. Although dated, both tracks really are very catchy :!: :)

I've just put them on my i-pod :shock: :oops: :D :D I look very cool walking down the street listening to "Julian, Dick and Anne, George and Ti-mmy the do-o-og" :lol:

I think the northern accent bit is simply that lots of singers (pop mainstream) sing words with an american accent: The 'a' gets shortened.

PS. Lots of people from 'up north' come to London and adopt a "BBC" accent, so you wouldn't know where they originally hail from. But they often give themselves away when they say words like "glass" or "grass", where they revert to their northern accent and shortern the "a".

Not many people know that :!: :)
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Timmy-the-dog
Favourite book/series: Castle of Adventure
Favourite character: Me!!

Famous Five single 1978

Post by Timmy-the-dog »

Hi All

For all those who are interested in this - the single has just been listed on Ebay (not by me!!)
Starting price is 2.99
cheers

Timmy
woof,woof!!
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Thanks Timmy, I'll watch that. :D