Italian opening theme live performance

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: Italian opening theme live performance

Post by Wolfgang »

Hello Don Massimo,

there are several films available. There are 2 black and white Famous Five films, one you already mentioned
Five on a treasure island and Five have a Mystery to solve.
Additonally there are two series of 26 episodes of the Famous Five, one produced in the late 70s and one in the 90s.
There's also a Famous Five musical called Smuggler's Gold.
There are two films of the Adventure series, The Island of adventure (early 80s) and The Castle of adventure (early 90s). Additionally there's a New Zealand production of the series, 24 episodes (mid 90s).
The same company also produced the Secret series, 15 episodes (mid 90s).
Most of mentioned films/series are available on DVD in English (apart of Smuggler's Gold, Island and Castle of adventure - you can get copies on VHS though).
There are Adventures of the Faraway Tree, but I don't know how close they are to the books, I haven't watched them.
There are several more productions of Enid Blyton books, like a Japanese animation serie of St Clare's, 3 German St Clare's films, 2 German Famous Five films, 2 Danish Famous Five films, but I doubt that there English versions available, at least I haven't come across any of them.
But there are experts here who can probably confirm/correct me or add more information.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
don massimo

Post by don massimo »

Hello Wolfgang,
I thank you very much. My problem is to know if it is possible to watch the movies directly online or if it is necessary to buy dvds. I am not very skilful in modern media. So if it is necessary to buy dvds, how can I manage to?
Thank you again and wishes for Christmas
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

amazon? ebay? etc.?