Smugglers Top episodes..

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
carina

Smugglers Top episodes..

Post by carina »

Hi all, I'm about to buy the Dutch version of the 90s FF series and know from reading here that it is missing the 2 Smugglers Top episodes (despite saying that they are on there!). Have these ever been released on DVD? I have done some searching online and can't find anything but wanted to check before I go ahead and buy this set.

thanks in advance.
Carina
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Re: Smugglers Top episodes..

Post by Pippa-Stef »

No, Smugglers top has never been released on Dvd for the 90s series, for some strange reason. Its possible but unlikely, to me at least, that one of the other European versions might have it, the Swedish one is a possibility, but its so expensive that I'm not really in a position to get it and find out.

However, if you have the Smugglers Top episode on video tape, you can get it transferred to Dvd through a photo company. I did that recently for about fifteen pounds, which was a little steep in my eyes but i'm not sure what the cheapest rate would be.

Even so, the Dutch Dvd's are good dvd's to have, they are fairly easy to navigate and the subtitles are removable. Totally worth the money in my eyes. But then I am a 90s girl. ;)
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
carina

Re: Smugglers Top episodes..

Post by carina »

Thanks for that. I might go ahead and get it because it's cheap enough and it'll keep me going until the 70s version is released in April (I'm an 80s girl!). I had a look on ebay for any vhs copies and didn't find any - we don't have a video player anymore but I might be able to get someone to do transfer it to dvd for me if I do ever find one.