Interview about the 1970s TV series

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Timmy254
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five
Favourite character: Dick, Timmy the dog

Interview about the 1970s TV series

Post by Timmy254 »

Sunshine Hospital Radio's Andrew Read met up with Marcus Harris a few weeks ago and talked with him about his early days in theatre, the auditions for his part in the Famous Five, stories from behind the scenes during filming and how the arrival of the Internet has revived interest and brought the series to the attention of a whole new generation of fans:
http://www.fuenffreundefanpage.at/en_ffreunde.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A true friend is someone who thinks that you're a good egg even though he knows that you're slightly cracked."
Moonraker

Re: Interview about the 1970s TV series

Post by Moonraker »

Once again, thanks for keeping us updated, Timmy254. I will listen to the interview when I've ½ an hour to spare.
Society Member
GailRenard

Post by GailRenard »

Not only did Marcus do the interview, but he enjoyed it so much that Gary Russell, Jennifer Thanisch and I joined him for a second one. It's not completely edited yet but here's a bit extra of it on my website:

http://www.gailrenard.com/famous-five-update.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!
Timmy254
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five
Favourite character: Dick, Timmy the dog

Post by Timmy254 »

GailRenard wrote:Not only did Marcus do the interview, but he enjoyed it so much that Gary Russell, Jennifer Thanisch and I joined him for a second one.
The interview is now online :D : http://www.sunshinehospitalradio.co.uk/ ... united.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A true friend is someone who thinks that you're a good egg even though he knows that you're slightly cracked."
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Thanks for the links Gail and Timmy 254. I spent a thoroughly enjoyable 30 minutes listening to that interview. Some very interesting anecdotes, particulary the comment from Marcus Harris about how the Famous Five was a very expensive series to make, hence the the shared costs with a German company.

I
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

Nice links shared in this thread for the Interview about the 1970s TV series,.
Nice to watch and read these all interviews,.
donnawhite

Post by donnawhite »

Timmy254 wrote:
GailRenard wrote:Not only did Marcus do the interview, but he enjoyed it so much that Gary Russell, Jennifer Thanisch and I joined him for a second one.
The interview is now online :D :
Rally great stuff here. Nothing to say about it without a big thanks :D
Romy

Post by Romy »

it was wonderful to see all of them together after all these years!they all look gorgeous..but i miss michele :(
AndrewRead

Post by AndrewRead »

Sunshine Hospital Radio are delighted to have been shortlisted for an award at the 'National Hospital Radio Awards 2012'.

Hospital radio volunteers Andrew Read and Jack Daley travelled to London to record a world exclusive interview with the reunited cast of the 1970's TV adaptation of Enid Blyton's 'Famous Five'.
The resulting programme has been extremely well received by patients and downloaded over 1000 times, worldwide, from the stations website.

The awards, which celebrate the best in hospital radio broadcasts from across the country, are organised by the Hospital Broadcasting Association (HBA) and are proud to have Sir Terry Wogan as the patron of the association.

Sunshine Hospital Radio is pitted against Choice Radio, Hospital Radio Lion (Guildford), Hospital Radio Plymouth, Radio Fox, Radio Frimley Park, Radio Redhill, Radio Tyneside Network, Radio Wey and Whipps Cross Hospital Radio in the Best Speech Package category.

Andrew Read, who reunited the cast for their first group interview for over 30 years, said: "I'm thrilled that we've been shortlisted. We're in a very strong field, which is testament to the high standards of the awards. The interview was such fun and I hope the judges enjoy listening to it much as we did making it!"

Marcus Harris who played Julian in the 1970s series said "We were all thrilled to be interviewed together for the first time in 30 years and news of this shortlisting is the icing on the cake. Let's hope Sunshine Radio wins in March."

The winners will be revealed on 31st March at an awards ceremony at the Park Inn by Radisson in Northampton, which will be hosted by Iain Lee.
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Great News! Thanks for this information. friendly greetings Soenke :-)
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

I there will come a Award show I hope we will listen to a programme to it or see possibly pictures of it. friendly greetings, Soenke Rahn
AndrewRead

Post by AndrewRead »

I am very pleased to announce that Sunshine Hospital Radio has won the top gold award at the UK national Hospital Broadcasting Association Awards 2012 for Famous Five Reunited.

With our immense thanks to Marcus, Gary, Jennifer and Gail - we really could not have done it without you!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Hearty congratulations! :D
Society Member
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

That's the right choice! friendly greetings Soenke
Wayne Pyer
Favourite book/series: adventure/find outers
Favourite character: Bill Smugs/Kiki/Fatty