Blyton Movie in the cinema

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
peppermint peppy

Blyton Movie in the cinema

Post by peppermint peppy »

Hi folks,
just wanna let you know, that there is coming soon a new movie in Germans cinemas called Hanni & Nanni or in English St. Clare's. Think there is not much leftover from the original old stories after transforming and shrinking Blyton's bestseller into our time and fashion. But perhaps nice to see. Think my daughter will be keen on it.

http://movies.universal-pictures-intern ... iundnanni/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Blyton Movie in the cinema

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

peppermint peppy wrote:Think there is not much leftover from the original old stories after transforming and shrinking Blyton's bestseller into our time and fashion.
Just watched the trailer and I think you're right about that, PP!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
peppermint peppy

Post by peppermint peppy »

The story.....

This time, the Sullivan twins overstepped the mark considerably. What started as a bet ends in a wild chase across a luxury department store, and finally they are also accused of stealing. The twins fly from the school and are placed by their parents to boarding school in St. Clare. There, the two begin a new life. While the meek Nanni builds friendships first, the hotheaded Hanni doing hard time settling down. And should run as the St. Clare's hockey team against the JoCats, the team of their old school, there will be a first crucial test, and Hanni and Nanni must decide.
dsr

Post by dsr »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:
peppermint peppy wrote:Think there is not much leftover from the original old stories after transforming and shrinking Blyton's bestseller into our time and fashion.
Just watched the trailer and I think you're right about that, PP!
But I'm glad they left in the bit about putting on crash helmets and having races down the spiral staircase on mattresses (wheeled?). :roll:

Actually, it looks OK, just not very Enid Blyton. In the unlikely event they release a cheap DVD with English subtitles, I might be interested.

It sounded from the script that although their first names have changed, they're still called O'Sullivan in German. Is that right?
DSR
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Wolfgang »

dsr wrote: It sounded from the script that although their first names have changed, they're still called O'Sullivan in German. Is that right?
Almost - the surename is Sullivan, without " O' ".

On a sidenote for those who happen to collect old volumes of the German books: It's amusing to see that old versions of the books don't include "Hanni und Nanni" in the title, they later changed it, but left the the content of the book unchanged for a while, until they shortened it in later editions.

Wolfgang
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.