Blatant plug time. Apologies but...

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
MsAnamatronic

Re: Blatant plug time. Apologies but...

Post by MsAnamatronic »

Thanks number6, ... a bit confusing info, considering the book was supposedly available for pre-order, and released according to some websites.
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Confusing indeed! I received my info direct from Gary Russell when I asked him about his book at the beginning of July. So unless he's started writing it since then, I'am assuming it's still on the back burner for the time being! It's not Gary's fault that some websites, etc, give out conflicting info. We should give him a break & patiently wait till the day comes when the book is released. I think It'll be worth it. :D
MsAnamatronic

Post by MsAnamatronic »

Absolutely, no pressure, .. It's just that us fans would love to have it in our hands. I'm sure Gary will be happy to know that ;) xx
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Definitely! He certainly knows how much we want to see the book make an appearance but, like the majority of us, he has to do the things that earn the pennies first!! :D :D
Enikyoga

Post by Enikyoga »

Moonraker wrote:Indeed! We can only look forward to Gary' book, that will be one "anecdotage" that will be worth reading! :D
Mmm, how do you know? Have you gauged his writing skills, especially in light of the fact that he has not even started writing the book or he may never even write it.
Stephen I.
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Gary has written many books, and let's face it, when this book does come out, we'll all be looking forward to reading it, knowing that it is full of actual facts that he was involved in during the making of the series.

With respect, Stephen, your book is just your own personal opinions and some of them bear no resemblance to Enid or her works.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Enikyoga wrote:
Moonraker wrote:We can only look forward to Gary' book, that will be one "anecdotage" that will be worth reading! :D
Mmm, how do you know? Have you gauged his writing skills, especially in light of the fact that he has not even started writing the book or he may never even write it.
We know because Gary has already entertained and enlightened fans by sharing some memories/anecdotes in interviews and speeches, as have Marcus, Jennifer and Gail. Gary also wrote an article for the Journal some years ago.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Enikyoga wrote:
Moonraker wrote:Indeed! We can only look forward to Gary' book, that will be one "anecdotage" that will be worth reading! :D
Mmm, how do you know? Have you gauged his writing skills....
Gary has written many books, Stephen, so anyone can "gauge" his writing skills. By 'Googling' his name on Amazon, you will see much of his work. As Anita has said, Gary has entertained us at a couple of Society Days, so we are in no doubt of his anecdotage skills. Gary has actually achieved a great deal in his acting and literary career, far beyond the scope of one self-published book. He was an accomplished child actor, the DVDs to prove that have recently been released. To cap all of that, he has a great sense of humour, and we in the Society regard him as a good friend.
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Very well said, Nigel. I for one would love to see Gary once more at an Enid Blyton Day along with Marcus, so I do hope all our dreams will come true on that wish. :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
MsAnamatronic

Post by MsAnamatronic »

Agree, ... Would definitely love to see Jennifer, Gary and Marcus there ... If I evermake it to EB day :)
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Gary's books are rather good.Any Doctor Who fan would definitely not be disappointed by checking out his work.
This book has a great plot....

The Glamour Chase by Gary Russell

'Why are you here? I mean - who are you, exactly?'

An archaeological dig in 1936 unearths relics of another time... And - as the Doctor, Amy and Rory realise - another place. Another planet. But if Enola Porter, noted adventuress, has really found evidence of an alien civilisation, how come she isn't famous? Why has Rory never heard of her? Added to that, since Amy's been travelling with him for a while now, why does she now think the Doctor is from Mars?

As the ancient spaceship reactivates, the Doctor discovers that nothing and no one can be trusted. The things that seem most real could actually be literal fabrications - and very deadly indeed. Who can the Doctor believe when no one is what they seem? And how can he defeat an enemy who can bend matter itself to their will? For the Doctor, Amy and Rory - and all of humanity - the buried secrets of the past are very much a threat to the present...
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
fred1234

Post by fred1234 »

Gary Russells Famous Five book from Hirst Publishing.

If you placed a pre-order and have not got your money back please check here:

http://www.zetaminor.com/roobarb/showth ... Publishing

You may wish to skip a few pages to near the end (there is over 80 pages)
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

As far as I know this matter has been resolved. To show some respect to Gary, I would have thought the subject of refunds/Hirst Books should now be closed. I am sure if and when this book becomes available, Gary will let us know.
Society Member
Gary Russell
Favourite book/series: FF
Favourite character: well duh...

Post by Gary Russell »

Thanks Nigel but it's worth reiterating this. If/when the book does exist, it certainly wont be through Hirst Books. Tim Hirst assured me everyone who had prepaid had now been refunded. I don't know if that's true, so Fred's reminder was quite timely. Any new publisher will not be associated with HB thus because you paid Hirst doesn't mean you will have paid the new publisher. You wont.
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

Post by Francis »

Thanks Gary - we didn't blame you for the con by Hirst Books - unfortunately there
are far too many people like this around. Hope you do write the book - you
have plenty of fans eager to read it. Thanks for your post.
Society Member