Looking for Jo

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Moonraker

Re: Looking for Jo

Post by Moonraker »

Spitty we didn't know she was around earlier. Just imagine her 'opening' Viv's Illustrated Worlds attraction - standing in front of the gypsy caravan!
Society Member
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:
Moonraker wrote:Welcome, Julie. Doing anything on the 15th May, next year? :shock:
Simply 'wizard' idea!! Better still if Gary and Marcus come come :D 8)
Oh dear, isn't that a rather dangerous idea? This clip will serve to remind us. :wink: :lol:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Who would have thought the Kirrins were well brought-up middle-class children? :?
Society Member
Madpants
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find Outers / Adventure Series
Favourite character: Kiki

Post by Madpants »

Thanks petermax, I didn't realise they were on youtube, I've just spent the past 40 minutes watching five fall into trouble! :lol:
Gary Russell
Favourite book/series: FF
Favourite character: well duh...

Post by Gary Russell »

Petermax wrote:
Julie2owlsdene wrote:
Moonraker wrote:Welcome, Julie. Doing anything on the 15th May, next year? :shock:
Simply 'wizard' idea!! Better still if Gary and Marcus come come :D 8)
Oh dear, isn't that a rather dangerous idea? This clip will serve to remind us. :wink: :lol:
Most popular YouTube clip here in Doctor Who-land. Everyone wants to see 'Gary hitting a poor girl'. Oh how my reputation suffers ...

*sob*

:-)
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Then make it all come right by 'making-up' in Twyford next year, old thing! :D
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Julie Davis wrote:
Julie2owlsdene wrote:
Simply 'wizard' idea!! Better still if Gary and Marcus come come :D
Hi all i would love to come..and thankyou :D :D :D it would be a great 2010 to share memories and stories with you all..
So that's a "yes" then?!

By the way, I'm enjoying the new Doctor Who cartoon, Dreamland. (BBC, daily, via the red button). Congratulations to the director, Gary Russell, on a great programme!
Society Member
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

or maybe he is too scared...
If that's really the case, I should perhaps tell him that NATO shops stock second-hand bullet-proof vests, used just the once... . :D (Saw it the other day and you can imagine what I thought...)
Besides, maybe working for and with Doctor Who might be catching and Gary is able to regenerate?

Would be great if you could come. Even if you were "going to hit us, too"
I really love that episode of the 70s series, just watched it once again last night, you did a wonderful job! Thanks.

Cheers

Dick Kirrin
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Violence at the Loddon Hall? I'm not sure if this is what Tony had in mind for May 2010. :lol: :wink:
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Petermax wrote:Violence at the Loddon Hall? I'm not sure if this is what Tony had in mind for May 2010. :lol: :wink:
Might be a great draw though. :lol:
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Can't believe I've missed this thread for so long, too much overtime at the moment and not enough rest!!

It would be great to see you at Twyford, I'll get on Marcus' case and will pester him!

Reminds my actually, I've a great bw photo of you and the boys pulling in George's boat, let me know if you've not seen it and I'll dig it out, scan it and show a piccy...
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

If Gary came along too we could re-enact the punch up scene on stage and 'Julian' could break it up! :lol:
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

Julian as the "good guy" so to speak? :wink:
In the book, it is Dick who shows some sympathy and kindness to Jo while Julian would rather see her go. Why they did it the other way round in that episode, with Julian and Dick doing a sort of "good cop - bad cop" scheme (especially in the woods and going up to Red's place) on poor Jo always beats me. But it is most entertaining and well-acted though.
If somebody is needed to pull "Dick" and "Jo" apart, may I suggest DCI Gene Hunt from "Life on Mars"? He'd be perfect for the job pulling up in his Cortina at Loddon Hall and storming onto the stage... :D

Cheers

Dick Kirrin
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Tony Summerfield wrote:If Gary came along too we could re-enact the punch up scene on stage and 'Julian' could break it up! :lol:
That sounds like the sort of thing that Steve Coogan's creation Alan Partridge would re-enact on the spoof chat show Knowing Me Knowing You. :lol:
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Dick Kirrin wrote: If somebody is needed to pull "Dick" and "Jo" apart, may I suggest DCI Gene Hunt from "Life on Mars"? He'd be perfect for the job pulling up in his Cortina at Loddon Hall and storming onto the stage... :D
Dick Kirrin
A Cortina, I thought Gene Hunt said it was a Quatro?

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member