70s Famous Five on DVD

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Karli
Favourite book/series: FAMOUS FIVE 1978/79 TV series

Re: 70s Famous Five on DVD?

Post by Karli »

George@Kirrin wrote:Karli,

After all our correspondence I'm so so so chuffed for you along with all the fans, are you coming to the 2010 day? Be good to catch up
Indeed would be great to catch up there, Zöe…
Due to my visits to Munich concerning the DVD works, I hope it won’t overlap.

I’ll try my best, not to miss the event.
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Karli wrote:You know Andy Crespin more than me. Would be great if you could contact him and tell him about the DVD release and a planned interview concerning him and “his” spook train…Could you do that, please?
My only contact with Andy Crespin was a couple of emails about 2 years ago in conjunction with his involvement in the filming of Five Go Off To Camp. I do not have a current email address for him and I am no longer on Facebook. Moviemax should be able find Andy quite easily on Facebook, he is a railway engineer living in New Zealand.
Timmy254
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five
Favourite character: Dick, Timmy the dog

Post by Timmy254 »

Thanks, Karli! :D
I really hope you can make it to the EB Day!

I've found Andy Crespin on Facebook and I'm sure "moviemax" will find him, too. :wink:
"A true friend is someone who thinks that you're a good egg even though he knows that you're slightly cracked."
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

This is all excellent news Karli and I cannot wait for the DVD to appear. I hope you can make it to the EBS day on May 15th with more exciting details. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
RDMorrell
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Secret Seven, Adventure
Favourite character: Anne

Post by RDMorrell »

This is turning into a great year for the 1978 Famous Five series, what with Gary Russell's book due out in December, and now the official DVD finally set to be released as well! :D
Best Regards

ROWAN M.

A room without books is like a body without a soul - Cicero
Nick
Favourite book/series: Five on a Hike Together/Secret Seven
Favourite character: Dick & Susie

Post by Nick »

Any news on a release date?

I've been searching amazon etc,etc but can't seem to find anything.
Society Member
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

As far as I know there has been no information about a date only announcements about early fall, September or something. From what I read that's the time they are aiming for, but these things can be delayed by quite a lot of small bits and pieces.
Sorry for not being of more help.

Cheers

Dick Kirrin
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Nick
Favourite book/series: Five on a Hike Together/Secret Seven
Favourite character: Dick & Susie

Post by Nick »

Anyone heard owt?
Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Yeah, Ive also heard it will be released in September. However, if there is a delay, it'll probably be due to some less than enthusiastic pen pusher who only has to sign a bit of paper to get the ball rolling! :x
Gary Russell
Favourite book/series: FF
Favourite character: well duh...

Post by Gary Russell »

http://www.amazon.de/F%C3%BCnf-Freunde- ... =1-1-spell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Thanks Gary. That is saying that its out on the 8th of October which is great news. Unlike the price!!! :shock: 51 Euros is quite a hefty price to pay. I hope it comes down a little by the release date.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

Lucky Star wrote:Thanks Gary. That is saying that its out on the 8th of October which is great news. Unlike the price!!! :shock: 51 Euros is quite a hefty price to pay. I hope it comes down a little by the release date.
Plus 6 euros Verpackung und Versand apparently.........
Leslie
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Leslie »

Err, how much is that in British money?! Brilliant that we can get it - hope they have been able to clean it up a bit quality-wise. I'm still watching Youtube..!
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

Leslie wrote:Err, how much is that in British money?! Brilliant that we can get it - hope they have been able to clean it up a bit quality-wise. I'm still watching Youtube..!
Shade under 48 quid according to XE.com. Which although it sounds expensive is only 8 quid a disc, so it's not too bad, justa bit annoying that if it were a UK release I know it'd be half that price within 6 months. May work the same with Euro-releases.....

Youtube? Never gonna be the best picture there :wink:
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Leslie wrote: hope they have been able to clean it up a bit quality-wise. I'm still watching Youtube..!
Fear not, you will be amazed at what can be done with decades old broadcast tapes. I have DVD's of various TV shows from the 1960's and the quality is pin sharp, it could have been shot yesterday. Iam quite sure that the DVD release of the 1970's Famous Five series will be subject to some tidying up where needed.