Famous Five artwork postcards

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
MBriony

Famous Five artwork postcards

Post by MBriony »

Hi Everyone

As a keen collector of postcards (and FF memorabilia), I was trawling the Web the other day and came across some handcrafted Famous Five artwork postcards. I decided to purchase them - to add to my ever-growing postcard collection - and they arrived this morning. Very nice they are, too.

Just thought I'd let other forum members know for anyone that may be interested. You can find them at http://www.clear-thought.org.uk/galleri ... -five.html.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Famous Five artwork postcards

Post by Lucky Star »

Those are nice mBriony. The ones I really would like to see are reproductions of the original Eileen Soper cover artworks. Think how lovely all 21 FF covers would look. :D Perhaps Viv can get some printed for her new business venture, they would sell like hot cakes I'm sure.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Kitty
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers/Malory Towers
Favourite character: Alicia, Fatty, Gwendoline

Re: Famous Five artwork postcards

Post by Kitty »

Lucky Star wrote:Those are nice mBriony. The ones I really would like to see are reproductions of the original Eileen Soper cover artworks. Think how lovely all 21 FF covers would look. :D Perhaps Viv can get some printed for her new business venture, they would sell like hot cakes I'm sure.
Brilliant idea, those would be gorgeous. The ones on the original link are great too, though.

I've got a vague memory of someone sending me a Malory Towers postcard when I was at school, but I don't think it was an original illustration? It was quite nice though. Wish I'd kept it!
Gwendoline lay down, angry. She determined to make herself miserable and cry.