30th Anniversary of the "The Famous Five" 1978

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: 30th Anniversary of the "The Famous Five" 1978

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Thanks for putting up the YouTube links, Petermax.

I'm not sure why you're getting that message, Julian. :? I checked Part 1 for both series and they work for me. A few months ago I couldn't get clips to play on YouTube but the problem was solved when I downloaded the latest version of RealPlayer. I don't know whether your problem is caused by anything like that? Or are some countries strict about allowing access to material under copyright? (I've no idea whether individual countries can prevent access to certain clips on YouTube.)

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Julian wrote:This is weird. I'm getting the message, "Sorry, this video is not available" for all those videos, Petermax. Have they been deleted? :?:
I have checked and double checked all the links Julian , and they play fine in both Internet Explorer and Firefox. If you are using I.E, then you may need to download Adobe Flash Player, this will be indicated on the Youtube website if that is the case. It may be worth checking with your I.S.P to see if there are any issues with Youtube in your part of the world.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

There seem to be two threads running on this topic, this one and the 78 Series Poll thread - both discussing the same subject. Would it be possible to combine them? I have just watched one episode, and am looking forward to the discussion on the 3rd. :D
Society Member
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

I agree, two threads on the same subject could dilute matters somewhat. Perhaps the poll thread could be locked and a suitable diversion URL posted?
peppermint peppy

Post by peppermint peppy »

I don't mind if you continue the discussion in here.Quite the opposite it's much better not to have too much threads on the same subject.But I wish to suggest a new moderator for this special kind of discussion.
Petermax!
I think you are one of the best knowing the ropes and knowing a lot about these 78 and 90 series.You are an expert in 70/80's film scene.
And you are kowing more than me about 90's FF series.I'm knowing not a dreg about it.Sorry!
And last but not least - you are better in English than me.....
Petermax would you undertake this part please?
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

peppermint peppy wrote:I don't mind if you continue the discussion in here.Quite the opposite it's much better not to have too much threads on the same subject.
Such is the beauty of the E.B.S Forum is that there are no real hard and fast rules except during the rare occasions when the Trolls decide pay us a visit!
peppermint peppy wrote:But I wish to suggest a new moderator for this special kind of discussion.
Petermax! I think you are one of the best knowing the ropes and knowing a lot about these 78 and 90 series.You are an expert in 70/80's film scene.And you are knowing more than me about 90's FF series.I'm knowing not a dreg about it.Sorry! And last but not least - you are better in English than me.....Petermax would you undertake this part please?
May I gracefully decline the honour bestowed upon me? I am but a mere foot soldier and prefer to remain that way, an officer I am not. :wink: :lol:

Now I really must get a few beers in and re-aquaint myself with the two TV versions of Smuggler's Top. For good measure I also intend to re-read the book! :)
peppermint peppy

Post by peppermint peppy »

Clemency appeal accepted!!!
Pity boy - a great pity! :cry: