Famous Five '78 series - New photos of the locations

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Poxy

Re: Famous Five '78 series - New photos of the locations

Post by Poxy »

Hi Petermax,

Marchwood Station is easily accessible. I guess it is still owned by Network Rail as I met a Railroad worker when I took the photos. He was working in this small front building and in my judgement it looked like a control room. The front has indeed changed very little since 1978, but there were some major changes at the rear side. Some windows and the original entrance were walled up or made smaller. I was also very surprised that now there is a residential area where the street once was (the scene in which Rogers picked up the Five by car). I could hardly take a photo of the original entrance as there is a chain-link fence approximately 1.5 metre vis-á-vis from the buidling.

Unfortunately there were only a few suitable photos of Marchwood Station at the end. Compared to the other locations I only had a limited number of screenshots of Marchwood Station with me. Maybe next time :D .

André
Ed Fulcrum

Post by Ed Fulcrum »

Hi,

I really, really enjoyed looking through those photo comparisons, thanks Andre!

I used 'Google Translator' to translate the routes to English, (hope you don't mind Andre).

Just copy the URL into the 'Translate a web page' box at this link:

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en" target="_blank

(Translation not pefect but easy to decipher!),

Thanks again!
Poxy

Post by Poxy »

You are welcome, Ed! Life was quite stressful in the last weeks, but I will post a translation of those two routes as soon as I find some time. I am glad that there are quite a few people interested in those descriptions. I got some help and advices myself before I did the journey, so it is only fair to help someone else.

Take care,
André
Bannerman65

Post by Bannerman65 »

Thank you Yan, for sharing this with us. The pictures really are impressive. Kudos to André Weber, for taking the pictures.