1970s FF Series Incidental Music.

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
JustMatt

Re: 1970s series incidental music.

Post by JustMatt »

Oh yes, absolutely spiffing old chap, well done, and thank you!
Morgan Jones
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five

Post by Morgan Jones »

It may have been mentioned above but a lot of the music used on the Famous Five was also used in Australian productions of the 70s and 80s. There are a few channels on YouTube dedicated to these tracks, some good examples are:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SonsAndDaughtersFan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/user/RatHouse2007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have to thank everyone in here for the tracks they've IDd and uploaded; hopefully the channels linked to may plug some gaps!
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Nice one MJ.

Here's a challenge for any of you tech wizards who find all these tunes..

in Together Again, when Charlie runs off with the running order and there's the comedy chase, there's some instrumental, like a jig from a fiddle or something - I only have to watch the ep for it to be in my head the whole day... Anyone find it at all??
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

George@Kirrin wrote:Here's a challenge for any of you tech wizards who find all these tunes..

in Together Again, when Charlie runs off with the running order and there's the comedy chase, there's some instrumental, like a jig from a fiddle or something
An interesting challenge, I shall watch Together Again tonight and see if can locate this.
Morgan Jones

Post by Morgan Jones »

I had a listen and it doesn't ring any bells, unfortunately. Looked in a few places to try and ID it but no luck.

I have a full clean version of Papillon - not sure if anyone's still after that?

The upbeat tune that often ends an episode, such as Smugglers Top and Kirren Island - do we know if that's standard production music or if it was composed especially for the series? Has a different 'feel' to most of the other tracks used.
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Thanks Guys - looks like it's down to you Petermax....

MJ - at least tell me it stayed in your head all day? Watched it before nights last week and I was humming it all night - much to my colleague's despair!
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Morgan Jones wrote:The upbeat tune that often ends an episode, such as Smugglers Top and Kirren Island - do we know if that's standard production music or if it was composed especially for the series? Has a different 'feel' to most of the other tracks used.
Most of the incidental music used in the Famous Five series was standard production music composed by Brian Bennett. There may well be one or two tracks obtained from a different source though.

In the meantime I must watch Together Again to see if my memory can be jogged. I can usually locate obscure items of music, but not always! :lol:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Have you tried Shazam?
Society Member
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Well, I watched Together Again last night for the first time in ages. That piece of incidental music mentioned by our new forumite Morgan Jones eludes me completely. It may well be a Brian Bennett track, but where do I begin the search?
Moonraker wrote:Have you tried Shazam?
A great idea Moonraker. The problem is, would an obscure piece of mood music be on the Shazam database in the first place, we shall soon find out. :D
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Heh, Here was me thinking Shazam was some kind of therapy to get the tune out of my head!!

Petermax - I shall leave it with you, I am sure that you will not let me down ;)
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

George@Kirrin wrote:Petermax - I shall leave it with you, I am sure that you will not let me down ;)
We shall see, I am usually pretty good at locating various items of 70's series trivia, this is a tough one though!
Morgan Jones

Post by Morgan Jones »

Petermax wrote:
George@Kirrin wrote:Petermax - I shall leave it with you, I am sure that you will not let me down ;)
We shall see, I am usually pretty good at locating various items of 70's series trivia, this is a tough one though!
Looks like this one is proving elusive!
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Morgan Jones wrote:Looks like this one is proving elusive!
I'm afraid so, even contemplating a trawl through Brian Bennett's considerable output of incidental music is very daunting.
ingots

Post by ingots »

MJ, could you provide a link to your Papillon?

Love a copy of that :)

Thanks and Hoorah it's the weekend again!!

Marc
"Dick he said"
"He didn't mean YOU!"
--Five On A Hike Together--