Short story book

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Zada

Short story book

Post by Zada »

My dad used to read to me from an Enid blyton book of short stories (late sixties / early seventies and I’m trying to find the book so I can perhaps get a copy online. I can remember two stories vividly from it. One was about a naughty toy train bridge. It would move so that the toy passengers on the train would fall out and get injured. In the end as punishment it was given to a girl who turned it upside down and used it as a dolly’s cradle ! The other was about someone with large feet who had been told a sixpence or a coin had been dropped and they walked up and down a path looking for it and in doing so helped flatten the path ! Would anybody know what this book would have been. Thanks for any suggestions
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Short story book

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Welcome to the website and forums, Zada! You may be thinking of Enid Blyton's Storytime Book. The stories you described are called 'The Mischievous Tunnel' and 'Pipkin Plays a Trick'. If you click on the link below, you can see more details in our Cave of Books:

https://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/boo ... 28No.+1%29
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Zada

Post by Zada »

Wow thanks every so much yes a tunnel not a bridge. I’ve been trying to find the book for years. Really appreciate the help thank you
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

No worries. I loved that book as a child and still do. Two of my favourite stories were/are '"I Don't Want To!"' and 'You Simply Never Know!'
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member