illustrations of pixies/imps

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
orange4226

illustrations of pixies/imps

Post by orange4226 »

I am trying to find out the title of an EB book I had when I was about 4 so I cannot remember what the stories were - just that the illustrations were of lots of pixies/imps, in colour on glossy paper. I may be mistaken but I think it appeared that the pictures bore no relation to the stories. They were little chubby cherub type people and sometimes had hats on which looked like the top of a cherry. (yes, bizarre, I know!) It was an A4 size book with an orange cover (the dust cover was missing). I think the spine may have been a different colour.
Any ideas? Thanks :roll:
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I think you are looking for The Eleventh Holiday Book which underneath the dustwrapper had orange cloth boards with a green cloth spine and the title in gold on the front cover. Here is one of the colour plates, I hope it rings a bell.

You were probably too young to remember any of the stories, but have a look at the book in its dustwrapper on our Book Listing http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/auth ... php?id=623

Hope we have the right book.

Best wishes
Tony
orange4226

Post by orange4226 »

Thanks ever so much for that. It is definitely the right book. I though I'd never find out what it was! Thanks again