Tiptoe and Jolly

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
HeatherS
Favourite book/series: Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty

Tiptoe and Jolly

Post by HeatherS »

Hi, everyone. I had a query come through my website that I couldn't answer - I thought it must have been Tales of Toyland they were referring to, but apparently not. Any ideas?
We actually have this book and have read what you have mentioned. However, for some reason, she feels there is another story where Tiptoe falls into a drain of some sort and Jolly rescues her. It may be that her memory has put different stories together and cannot recall them correctly.
Do you happen to know if Tiptoe has any other dealings with Jolly outside of Tales of Toyland? For example, Clicky and Tiptoe are in a book together. Also, there are other stories of the Sailor doll with fairies.
One last question or two, if you could be so kind, for you to answer: Is John Jolly the same as Jolly the Sailor. It seems like Enid has fairies and a Sailor man appearing quite often in her books.
Heather
"Have you held your breath in wonder, at the sky so dark and deep?" - Enid Blyton
http://www.heathersblytonpages.com/
Tony Summerfield

Jolly question

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Hi Heather,

I can answer the second part of the question, but not the first - you need Anita for that!

John Jolly was a small boy, not a sailor. The strange numbering in the Book Listing is explained by the fact that, six books are listed on the back of each, but only four were published. They rushed No. 6 out in time for Christmas which is why it appeared first, but No. 4 John Jolly Goes to Camp and No. 5 John Jolly Goes to School were never published - I guess either the books didn't sell very well or Evans ran out of their paper allowance!

Best wishes
Tony
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

Thanks, Tony - I've passed the information you gave to Larry, along with a link to the Book Listing section of the EBS site. He's very grateful.

Any ideas, Anita?
Heather
"Have you held your breath in wonder, at the sky so dark and deep?" - Enid Blyton
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Sorry, Heather - I've never encountered Tiptoe and Jolly outside Tales of Toyland. Hopefully someone will come across that story somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to start looking.

Anita
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

Hey, don't apologise, Anita! Actually, your not knowing makes me feel that this person must be mistaken, and that Tales of Toyland is in fact the book they're looking for.

Anyway, visitors to my website can't complain about my service, having consulted a forum that contains probably the world's foremost Blyton experts and giving them answers from Tony Summerfield! Although they probably will anyway - the number of people who keep begging me to update polls and include biographies is astounding!

Makes me wonder how much people complained when they actually had to walk to the library and reference books! :roll:

OK, rant over. Promise!
Heather
tix

Tiptoe & Jolly

Post by tix »

Tiptoe and Jolly feature in a cameo role when they attend Josie's party in the pictorial book - "More about Josie, Click & Bun."