Two stories, one book

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
jane r

Two stories, one book

Post by jane r »

Am trying to locate:
1 story about children who tried to build a nest for a bird but in the end the bird took the nest apart and built its own
2 story about a greedy boy who always took the largest helpings but got his comeuppance
3 book about two sisters(?) who went to New York on the Queen Mary.
Any help gratefully received!
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: two stories, one book

Post by Fiona1986 »

The Caravan Series has a book called "The Queen Elizabeth Family", where two sisters and their brother go to New York. Is that possibly what you're thinking of for number 3?
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
jane r

Post by jane r »

I expect so! Thank you very much for that. I remember it as being a single book, green cover, but would it have the word Caravan in its title? I hadn't heard of that series so don't really know where to look.

Jane
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

No, it wouldn't have caravan in the title. The first book in the series is 'The Caravan Family' and the rest of the titles are "The blank Family".

Here is the Queen Elizabeth Family: http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... eth+Family" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, it's the 6th and final book in the series.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
jane r

Post by jane r »

Thanks again! Jane