"A tissue said Noddy suddenly"

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
NoddyFan

"A tissue said Noddy suddenly"

Post by NoddyFan »

This is a long shot, but I hope someone can help me track down a Noddy story that starts with this line:
"A tissue said Noddy suddenly, trying to catch a sneeze in his hanky".

My dad used to read this story to me when I was small and to this day we still say this line whenever someone (in the family) sneezes. Now I have my own son I would love to carry on this tradition, but I haven't a clue what the name of the story is, or even, what the rest of the story is about. I have a vague recollection of Noddy making Policemen Plod sneeze by sprinkling pepper down on top of him, but I'm not sure if it's part of the same story.

Sorry this is so vague. I'm crossing my fingers that someone knows that this story is.

Thanks in advance.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: "A tissue said Noddy suddenly"

Post by Fiona1986 »

Have a look here: http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... 28No.+2%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The first story in the book is called "A-tishoo!"
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
NoddyFan

Post by NoddyFan »

Oh wow Fiona, thanks a mill. I just got a total flash back when I saw that cover. I bet it's the right one. Any idea how I go about trying to buy this book? I assume it's out of print, so the usual retailers wouldn't sell it.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

How does this one look? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Big-Noddy-Boo ... 35b979bb92" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
NoddyFan

Post by NoddyFan »

Thanks again Fiona. It's worth a good look in my parent's attic now that I know what I'm looking for. There are a couple on Ebay, so I will consider that option for sure.
I notice your favorite book is Five go to Smugglers Top. That was my favorite too. I must have read it 50 times.
I appreciate your help.