Book Search - Once in a Blue Moon

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
pippakara
Favourite book/series: The Faraway Tree, Famous Five
Favourite character: too hard to choose!

Book Search - Once in a Blue Moon

Post by pippakara »

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a book of Blyton short stories that was given to me as a child by my Nana. I have no idea of the name of it but I remember it contained a story called "Once in a Blue Moon". Would have been late 80s early 90s, and I remember it as having a blue cover. My younger sister had another book in the series with a pink cover. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Pippa :D
There she dances, dressed in gold,
Whilst the March winds, frosty-cold,
Blow her gown so frilly;
Like a maiden, slim and fair,
Tossing back her golden hair,
Yellow Daffodilly!
Katharine

Re: Book Search - Once in a Blue Moon

Post by Katharine »

I have a book called "Enid Blyton's When the Moon was Blue and other stories". It's a paper back and has a blue cover with a picture of a boy and girl siting at the bottom of a hill looking at a large moon. There's a castle type building at the top of the hill. The first story inside is "When the moon was blue" and my edition was printed in 1991, could that be what you are looking for? It was printed by Cliveden Press.

I'm sure I've seen it listed on e-bay from time to time - have you tried looking there? Hope this helps.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Welcome, Pippa. I don't recall a story called 'Once in a Blue Moon' but there is one called 'When the Moon Was Blue' so you might be thinking of that. If you click on the following link, you can see the books in which that story appeared (also check out the reprint covers on each link, as your blue book may have been a reprint):

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/sear ... n+was+blue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: Sorry, Katharine - we must have been composing our posts at roughly the same time! The 1991 Cliveden Press paperback has the same cover picture as the hardback reprint of the World International 1984 'Tell-a-Story' book.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
pippakara
Favourite book/series: The Faraway Tree, Famous Five
Favourite character: too hard to choose!

Post by pippakara »

Yes! "When the Moon was Blue" is ringing all sorts of bells! Thank you both - off to eBay now on a treasure hunt! :D
There she dances, dressed in gold,
Whilst the March winds, frosty-cold,
Blow her gown so frilly;
Like a maiden, slim and fair,
Tossing back her golden hair,
Yellow Daffodilly!