Looking for a book

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
ejcthompson

Looking for a book

Post by ejcthompson »

I am looking for an Enid Blyton book I read as a child, I have forgotten the title but I do remember it was about a pixie who used to take 2 children into fairy land i think he lived at the bottom of the childrens garden maybe under the hegde (its not the magic wishing chair) any ideas i am wanting to read it to my children as I loved it as a child.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Looking for a book

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Welcome to the website and forums. You might be thinking of Run-About's Holiday.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:Welcome to the website and forums. You might be thinking of Run-About's Holiday.
I'd love a copy of that, but apart from cheap paperbacks, eBay has a copy at the princely sum of £20. I don't think a 1966 reprint is worth that much.

Edit: Just seen THIS on Amazon.com - a new copy for $141.40! Maybe that 1966 copy is a bargain!
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I have a first ed of Run About's Holiday, no d/j but in reasonable condition, which I've not yet read as ''fantasy' (apart from Amelia Jane) isn't my favourite EB genre. I got my copy on ebay several months ago for probably 3 or 4 pounds I would think.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member