New idea for a game

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
TimothyBexon

New idea for a game

Post by TimothyBexon »

I have been thinking and have thought of a style of game
to create (starting with the Famous Five). The style would be open world (with the opportunity of multiplayer) each going about their day exploring. The game would then allow player 1 to choose where to go (the places would be the main locations of the adventures) and the game would then guide the user/s to the right places and to find the right item.  there would be mazes, items to find, logic challenges, etc.. for almost every decision the characters made in the books. There would be some that would have to be played in a specific order
as book 3 relies on the ship rising from the seabed from book 1 and Jo and Tinker must be met in their first books as well before being able to progress to their next books.

Unfortunately, I am not a genius when it comes to coding and game design, so would need help from other peopl
arj0n

Re: New idea for a game

Post by arj0n »

I've been thinking about this too for a long time.
I'm definitely able to code such game, but what also is needed:

- a good story
- graphics and animations
- the decision to create a one-player-character game (the others persons being NPCs) or a multi-character game (having four or even five interactive characters plus having the option to switch between characters while playing the game)
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Sadly, the ability to do this is way beyond me.
However, my good chum from Bathroom Tiles UK recommended this site:
Do you have an idea for a game that's been brewing for years? What if you could bring that idea to life? These days, anyone can make a video game with the right software and a bit of know-how.

Of course, that doesn't mean game development is easy. Even a simple game like Flappy Bird requires effort if you want it to look and feel good. But thanks to free game makers, game creation has become fairly streamlined.

Here’s a list of the best free game making software you can use to start making your dream game today.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/five-free ... own-games/
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
arj0n

Post by arj0n »

Thanx for your reply but that site lists game making tools.
I'm not looking for such tool as I've made quite some games already.

The thing I would be looking for in order to make a FF adventure game is a proper FF story that would also be usefull for a game and graphics.