Suspicious goings-on

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Suspicious goings-on

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

So, the police have managed to bust the communications of many gangs of criminals- thanks to the French

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53263310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As Blyton fans, we know that the criminals are likely to change tactics, so instead of mobile phones they could revert to mysterious signalling with flashing lights, or leaving messages scrawled on small bits of paper crammed into crevices up chimneys :wink:

I think we should record any suspicious goings-on here, just in case a real life Inspector Jenks ever needs the details.

Yesterday, I went for a walk along the River Piddle (honest!) at Wareham, where I saw an elderly gentleman on the path ahead of me. He was wearing too many clothes for a warm day, including a deer-stalker hat, and had a pair of binoculars around his neck.

I smiled and asked "have you spotted any interesting birds today?"
He answered "no, it's the wrong time of year"

Which left me puzzled - why take heavy binoculars if it was the wrong time of year? (If I'd thought quicker, I should have asked him a question about the Great Auk...)

Just then, a motor launch appeared, shortly followed by a helicopter overhead.

What on earth was going on :lol:

Maybe other members of the gang are hanging out near where you live - do tell!

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Boatbuilder
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Famous 5, Secret Seven, Five Findouters

Re: Suspicious goings-on

Post by Boatbuilder »

You should always carry a camera with you, Viv, then you can discreetly take pictures as evidence. :D

River Piddle...! Hmmm, that reminds me of another place in Worcestershire - Wyre Piddle. And if you don't know why now, you never will. :lol:
"You can't change history as that won't change the future"

John's Pictures of Suffolk - https://suffolk-world.com/

Society Member