Make up a book title, and guess what it might be about.

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Re: Make up a book title, and guess what it might be about.

Post by Poppy »

Icecream342 wrote:Then they get so lost the previsions of ginger beer and biscuits end and they think they are going to die, when.... THey find the way to a food mall and stock up
Not very Blytonish Icey... :|

The Midnight Feast That Went Wrong: (this is about Pat and Isabel in the third form in between Second Form at St Clares and Claudine at St Clares.)

Pat and Isabel are returning to St Clares to be in the third form and what plans they have! They plan to enjoy themselves as once they get up into the fourth they have to be sedate and 'shake down' so this is the last term to enjoy themselves! Janet and Bobby plan to trick Mam'zelle for the last time and Alison is planning a feast for her birthday! When it comes to the night of the midnight feast something goes terribly wrong. Apparently Alison's grandmother supplied the midnight feast snacks but there was a dangerous plot behind it all. The men who had tried to kidnap Sadie a few terms ago have come back hunting for her and have mistaken Alison for her. (They did not realise Sadie had moved back to America with her mother). One of the men gets a job as a post man to disguise himself as he knew Alison had a package of food coming. And one got a job as caretaker at St Clares itself! They had a horrid plan in their minds. The postman watched for the package addressed to St Clares and tore it open without even looking at the name. He swapped the food for doped food so that the midnight feaster's might fall asleep and the caretaker could kidnap 'Sadie' from the common room as he had a key for every room. The midnight feasters ate the doped food and fell asleep except from the new girl in the form Mable who was a pale girl, very thin and not very healthy looking. She never ate anything becauseof deep worry of her mother who was in hospital. She never let anyone see that she never ate anything so she had been invited to the midnight feast along with every one else. She was surprised to see every one dropping to sleep. She also became worried, what if they didn't awake until the morning and then they would be found out! But she was so timid and shy she didn't want to wake anyone in case they grew cross with her, so she quietly tidied up. It gets to 3.00 and still no-one was awake so Mable creeps across to Alison. Alison wouldn't be cross if she woke her. She was deeply fond of Alison and looked up to her no end. She shakes her but Alison went on sleeping of course. And then the door begins to open. Mable is scared out of her life- a mistress come to tell them off? But no, it was the caretaker! Mable, as timid as usual, pretends to be asleep but then she sees something terrifying! The man, picking Alison carefully up! She could not stand this and shrieked at the top of her voice: HE'S KIDNAPPING ALISON! HELP! Of course that woke up the mistresses! They come rushing down and Miss Theobald grabs the sleeping Alison. All of the third form are put in the san and wake late the next day, when Mable is the heroine of the day! What an exciting term!

Next Title: Mrs Rivers returns to Malory Towers
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Daisy wrote:
Moonraker wrote:I would have thought that when you were young, Daisy, it would have been bell, book and candle!
No, just book and candle thank you Nigel. :lol: :roll:
Yes, sorry. I didn't mean to imply that you needed excommunicating! :oops:
Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

You have no idea just how relieved I feel to hear that Nigel! :lol:
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

Poppy Hutchinson wrote:You could have clicked save on the bottom of your post and then your post would have been saved and you could have gone back to it... Sorry to hear about your story being lost, I bet it was great anyway! :D

Thanks Poppy!! No, it wasn't really very good but not bad either.... :) Yes, but I was in such a HURRY!!
You can call me Sunskriti!
Darrell71

Post by Darrell71 »

Wow Poppy! That seems really good! And the next title is coooooool! Darrell returning as a MRS!! I don't have much time now or would've written it...
Darrell71

Post by Darrell71 »

Well, come to think of it Poppy, Darrell most likely wouldn't be Rivers if she is a MRS right?
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Ah yes...

Miss Rivers Returns to Malory Towers...

Thanks Sunskriti! :D
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Darrell71

Post by Darrell71 »

Welcome! Have to go now, will write this one tommorow... let's see...
Nair Snehalatha

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

The Midnight Feast that went wrong does not seem to be Blytonish--- still alls well that ends well.
Miss Rivers returns to Malory Towers has not been started -- it's almost a year .Is there anyone to carry on or shall I try? :? :?
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Yes, have a go Snehalatha. The idea is for one person to suggest a title and then someone else to write a synopsis of a story suggested by that title. It might be worth while reading the very first post on this thread if you haven't done so, where you will see what Michael, who started it, had in mind.

Society Member
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Nair Snehalatha wrote:The Midnight Feast that went wrong does not seem to be Blytonish--- still alls well that ends well.
Thanks! :roll:
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

Am trying to write a synopsis of--= Miss Darrel Rivers Returns To Malory Towers.
Darrel Rivers returned to Malory Towers, after graduating from St. Andrews, Scotland. Alicia, Betty,, Sally Hope had been with her too. But they had each gone different ways--- Alicia and Betty as office correspondents, Sally decided to take up a course in catering. Darrell's love for her old school Malory Towers brought her back there--- she was appointed as English teacher for the Second Form.But, she found to her dismay that Miss Grayling had retired--- but someone as excellent as the old Head was in her place--- Miss Fenworthy--- she was as dignified as Miss Grayling had been--- and as calm.Darrell wandered through all the old classrooms that held memories in each. Wasn't that the very stool where she , Alicia and the others had played a trick on Mr. Young--the Music Master? What a lovely time they had had. Darrell remembered Bill and Clarissa--- well they nad a riding school now as both were mad on horses-- Thank goodness their riding school was close to Malory Towers-- she could meet them on week-ends. Darrell thought of the midnight feasts they had--- the one in the Upper Fourth was memorable-- that brat of a June-- Alicia's cousin had tried to spoil it dragging Felicity into it. Now both were doing well in college;What lovely memories. There goes the bell-- it's time for Darrell to go to the Second Form. She was now like Miss Potts-- firm but understanding.She would have a grand time as a teacher at her Alma Mater.
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

That's lovely Snehalatha, I enjoyed reading it. It sounds a great introduction to a book about Darrell as a teacher.

Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

Thank you Daisy--- what about the next topic-- can it not be--- When Susie joined the Secret Seven--- and they become The Enticing Eight. :) :)
Darrell71

Post by Darrell71 »

Somehow I really don't see that happening, Peter and co accepting SUSIE in the SS, but I might give it a shot:

The SS try to solve a mystery, as they've had nothing for days, and actually trap a man in the shed, and call Peters father. He phones the police, who come immediately. They barge in, guns drawn, and come to a stop. The man is Superintendent Hope of the next big town, who has come to investigate a case! The SS have made a terrible mistake! Their parents are very angry, as is the super, and all other police. The parents are deciding how to punish the children, who meet once. "Mom has been badgering me to tell her the very worst punishment!" says Colin, groaning. "You know what the worst punishment will be? Susie joining the SS!!" observes Jack. A grim faced Peter's mother is hurrying towards the shed at the moment, to call Peter and Janet in for lunch, and she overhears! Immediately, she calls Jacks mother, and the two decide Susie shall join the seven, and become the head! Things go from bad to worse when the children learn of this, and Janet sulks. Susie comes, and crows over them all terribly. But when the Enticing Eight stumble upon what Superintendent Hope has been working on for days, Susie realises what a clever lot they are! But the eight solve it deftly and well, and undo the wrong that they've done. Susie gets the credit, but she tells the other parents that the others were the real solvers. All's well again, and the last book of the series ends with Susie being a half member of the Seven!